Skip to content

More Options

BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
Hi,

With new features being added at an impressive pace I think there's a dire need for updating the somewhat outdated options screen. New features are great, but not all of them fit everyone's preferences. I mentioned this in the The Road to v1.2/Phase III thread.

I've found a couple of threads that have tried going into this before, here and here, but the first thread is very specific and the second thread is closed. In my list below I've included some of the suggestions made in the second thread by @Hor89 and @Arsene_Lupin.

The topic of expanding the options in the game needs to be discussed a little bit in general, I think - if not only to channel requests but also to figure out what is actually doable. Note that I don't believe immediate implementation of any of this to be very realistic, with BG:EE v1.2, BG:EE Android, BG2:EE and all of the above upcoming.

As far as I can see Sounds is as good as it needs to be, so I'll probably focus on Graphics and Gameplay.

Some suggestions to get the thread going:

Graphics

* Ajusting resolution
* Ajusting brightness
* Coloured selection lines on/off
* Helmets on/off
* Whether or not NPC comments have text over the sprites or not
* Font size (and maybe type) selection

Gameplay

* Bugs on/off
* Auto-pause on Inventory page on/off
* (Un)known Spell highlight on/off (alternatively change colour or change the notification to an icon instead of colourful highlighting)
* Click-and-drag scroll speed
* Set standard script for different classes
* Advanced difficulty settings, as proposed by @Edwin_Odesseiron here. Necessarily the exact options should be discussed.
I'll add new suggestions to the original post as they come up.
Post edited by Basillicum on

Comments

• ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Bugs on/off feature sounds great:D I don't think more options are needed, what would be nice is a detailed changelog after beta ends and the patch goes live. With the frequency of beta updates I find myself just applying patches and continuing my playthrough. Whether the devs add more options or not, I'm indifferent about that.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited October 2013

Gameplay

* Bugs on/off
    Is this just me, but what? O_o
    "Check this option if you want a bug free experience, keep it unchecked if you want random crashes and other oddities happing throughout your game."

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400

Bugs on/off feature sounds great:D I don't think more options are needed, what would be nice is a detailed changelog after beta ends and the patch goes live. With the frequency of beta updates I find myself just applying patches and continuing my playthrough. Whether the devs add more options or not, I'm indifferent about that.

For the last updates there have been changelogs (or something like) posted in the v1.2 forum, and I'm kind of assuming there will be a grand changelog at the end of it all as well.

I'm perfectly fine with playing the game as is, too. I don't see more options as an absolute necessity; I just see the current options as outdated and open for expansion, and I'm convinced that more options would make everyone even more happy.

@Freche Beta testers would have to keep bugs on constantly.
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Awong124 said:

If you turn bugs off, you won't encounter any spiders, ankhegs, or carrion crawlers throughout the game.

Why would anyone want to miss out on that? Are they bugging you so much? ;)