Skip to content

Cleric of Lloth

SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
Seen alot of mod npc made with alot of Clerics but never seen lloth that would be interesting huh?

Comments

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Interesting as a mod...But total BS. Lloth would never grant a non-female/non-drow worshiper spells. Never. a non-female drow would be flayed for even thinking it was a good idea to try.
  • SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    ......... good point.... i get the feeling i am being watched now
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    While it's Greyhawk and not FR, The Temple of Elemental Evil had a CE human cleric ("Lareth the Beautiful") who was a Cleric of Lolth. Although, in Greyhawk, I think Lolth is regarded more importantly as a Demon Lord rather than her Queenship over the Drow.
  • SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    But i thought Lloth just had the drow as worshippers? I havn't read much bout her actually followers on the surface.
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    Llolth, in the forgotten realms setting, was originally a member of the elf pantheon (Seldarine), and was cast away before the dark elves (brown skin, dark hair) became drow (black skin, white hair). It is unclear to me if the dark elves worshipped her exclusively before they were tranformed into drow, but this means she had common elves as worshippers for quite some time (my Source: Lisa Smeldman, The lady penitent trilogy vol. 3, "Ascendancy of the last").

So it is not unheard for her of to have non drow followers, even though they would have to be insane.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited October 2013

Interesting as a mod...But total BS. Lloth would never grant a non-female/non-drow worshiper spells. Never. a non-female drow would be flayed for even thinking it was a good idea to try.

Rai-guy?

By the way @Michail, you meant Araushnee, Lolth's elven name. She was the lover or wife of Corellon, or something like that. Vhaeraun for example is a son of Lolth with Corellon.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited October 2013
    Lolth does have male clerics, but they're pretty rare as male clerics of Lolth are capped at lvl 5.

They can technically go higher (11 total), but their spellcasting and turning ability never raises above lvl 5 as long as they have Lolth as a patron. And if they're a cleric from another god that switches to Lolth their spellcasting and turning drops to 5, if it was higher.

A drow male that wants to be a cleric AND loyal to Lolth should worship Selvetarm instead, who allows full cleric progression up to their race cap, and is Lolth's personal champion Demi-god.

The benefits are the same regardless. They can choose to use their turning ability to attempt to command any spiders (or Driders) within the area of effect, instead of Undead, if there are any within range. Though only females can cast Drider-curse.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Never heard anything like that about lolth male clerics being capped at lvl 5 @Zanathkariashi, In fact some few drow cities had more tolerance for male cleric worshippers and there was a specie of Lolth Cruzaders, Militant Myrlochar, Order of Soul Spiders made only of male priest/fighter soldiers.