Skip to content

[bug] Can't scroll left

TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 41
Playing the latest beta on the Mac today (fullscreen mode, scaling off), I suddenly lost the ability to scroll left by placing the mouse cursor at the far left edge of the screen. This occurred on the Nashkel Carnival map.

Symptoms:

1) Moving cursor to the far left edge of the screen does not result in scrolling. Cursor does not change to the "direction arrow."
2) Scrolling is normal on top, right, and bottom edges of the screen.
3) Scrolling with arrow keys works fines.
4) Additionally, if I move my cursor to the top or bottom edge of the screen and then move the cursor left to the top-right or bottom-left corner, I can scroll in those directions. If I move from anywhere on the left edge of the screen up to the top-right or down to the bottom-left, I cannot scroll.
5) If I collapse the left button page so just the gears icon is showing, scrolling works again.
6) If I switch to windowed mode, I can scroll left again.
7) If I switch from windowed mode back to fullscreen, I lose the ability to mouse scroll left again.

After restoring from a quicksave, the issue is gone. I have not been able to replicate this.

Comments

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I am not in the Beta, but I have encountered a similar issue many times while playing v2014 on PC. Sometimes, after alt-tab or minimizing the game, upon returning to the game I can't scroll the map by moving the mouse to the left or top edges.

I think I have always been able to fix it by moving the mouse to the bottom or right side to initiate scrolling in that direction, or by opening some UI panel (inventory, character sheet etc). Not saying this will work for you, just info for the devs on the bug.

• TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 41
    Since I'm on the Mac version I can't Alt+Tab (or Cmd+Tab) out, but I did switch to windowed mode, minimize, and then back to fullscreen mode. I could not regain the ability to scroll until I reloaded from a quicksave.

Opening UI panels (or the config menu) definitely made no difference for me.

To clarify what I wrote initially (I was unclear), if I started scrolling at the top (or bottom) and then moved the cursor to the top-left (or bottom-left), I could scroll in the TOP-LEFT direction, but I could not then scroll just left if I moved the cursor down from the corner.

Still haven't been able to reproduce, and I've only seen it one time. ~shrug~
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    This happened as a result of the patch before the last one. It was fixed in the quick fix which also amended key bindings.

I had this issue and it was gone after the last release. It was reported but it never came up on any of the bug lists.
  • TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 41
    Oh good, glad to hear that. Unfortunately my launcher still doesn't show the hotfix (so my key bindings don't work either). Do I need to do something special to get the hotfix to show up? (Maybe the hotfix isn't available for Mac?)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Seems the hotfix so far has just been for windows users (noticed another post about this).

Ping @Dee
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    edited October 2013
    As of the latest beta patch, I have the same bug on Windows, as seen in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/371019#Comment_371019 .
    It's dependent on zoom levels, with max zoom in, it's the left scroll that doesn't work. When max zoom out, right and down scroll.
  • Mule72Mule72 Member Posts: 9
    As of the current patch, I also experienced this problem.

I was in area 4300, and could no longer scroll left by moving the cursor to the side. Interestingly, while I could see the cursor on the screen at the time, I cannot see it in the attached screenshot I tried to take.

Changing maps resolved the problem.
  • raerae Member Posts: 35
    This bug is difficult to show/reproduce. Any suggestion by the devs on how we can help would be appreciated.
  • GaldarianGaldarian Member Posts: 13
    I confirm the bug exists in the actual beta (Win7 - fullscreen - 1280x1024)
    First time it appears when starting a new game, at Winthrop Inn, no special action.
    Second time, after Imoen joins us.
  • devicemdevicem Member Posts: 15
    +1

It's also very random, I tried to reproduce it as suggested with zoom maxed out, it didn't happen, I was able to scroll normally.

Also, there appears to be some kind of bug involving the mouse i.e. the cursor, which changes into something inexplicable. Unfortunately, screenshots do not paint the cursor, so I'm unable to report this. Anyone else experienced this bug?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I am pretty sure I face same issue, but don't know how to duplicate until now, I will give more try,
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    Faydark said:

I am not in the Beta, but I have encountered a similar issue many times while playing v2014 on PC. Sometimes, after alt-tab or minimizing the game, upon returning to the game I can't scroll the map by moving the mouse to the left or top edges.

I think I have always been able to fix it by moving the mouse to the bottom or right side to initiate scrolling in that direction, or by opening some UI panel (inventory, character sheet etc). Not saying this will work for you, just info for the devs on the bug.

Same for me, except that occurred EVERY time I alt-tabbed. Entering any menu screen would fix that.