Skip to content

EVERQUEST NEXT!

SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
So who is dreaming of the days of Everquest coming back? Personally i can't wait i just hope it isn't a let down like Mists of Panderia was to me :)

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It's on my radar. Light on the details so far so I'm not getting over excited. Also never played the original, but I could see the appeal
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Agreed. I'm looking forward to it, I would love to be back in Norrath, but I'm not too hopeful. SOE has a way of botching things, though I think they've learned quite a bit.
    scriver
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    The world sculpting stuff looks a little too good. I will probably try it out but MMOs don't hold my interest very well.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    I'm cautiously optimistic.
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    I think its going to be pretty hard to dethrone gw2, but I am going to check it out as long as its a ftp/btp model.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187

I think its going to be pretty hard to dethrone gw2, but I am going to check it out as long as its a ftp/btp model.

it isn't going to be pay2win, and it isn't even in the same category as guildwars2.

Try again!

lol, I am not sure what you mean... If you have played guildwars 2 you would know it isn't pay2win and mmo is the same category as mmo.

Guild wars more so than any other mmo has brought the world together since filling time zones is required for supremacy. On blackgate for instance when we have a Asian or Eu commander on a map there is most often a translator. I play with an Aussie guild because I often am up far to late. It is more than an adventure in the world they created for gw2, but an adventure in our world as well.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    GW2 isn't Pay to Win, but it's certainly not the MMO it set out to be and, in my opinion, it's not all that great.
    edited November 2013
    I am sry you didn't enjoy it as much as I did. I don't know what mmo it set out to be, but it is a crazy fun mmo unlike any other and when I believe I can be consumed by an mmo again I might pick it back up. (I stopped because my heating unit went out)

A mmo like wow won't ever kick up again because the game play was poop and I don't think anyone could produce good content fast enough without gating previous content. DDO found a good mix it was a really fun mmo that was rp friendly.

I will prolly try out everquest but I have not seen any info on pvp and it's really the only reason to play mmos even in games like wow the pvp was meh but pve was also pvp thanks to wol. Gw2 has a decent pvp though unbalanced at times and wvwvw is full on pvp raids with no player caps and a huge importance in strategy so as a pvper it is my dream come true.

Post edited by Chaotic_Good on
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    I've never played everquest and don't really like MMO's, but EQN is definitely on my radar, especially as I've been following procworld.blogspot.com (the guy behind the voxel tech) for a long time.