Skip to content

General poison weapons?

In vanilla BG1, are there any weapons which give out posion damage with no save vs death?

Kinda need some to kill some Ghost Knights...

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Only the Dagger of Venom, and it being a dagger, it's not very effective to kill the ghosts. Not even Shar-Teel hits reliably enough with it. Short of Dorn, she's your best option tho.
  • dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151
    I've made a special party game so I can make use of all the best items (excluding the harp one) so I should be able to hit the dagger a lot hopefully. But does the Dagger allow saving throws?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Dagger of venom is one of the best weapons in the game.
    Well I need to know if it allows the damage from the poison to be saved against (even half damage would be fine).

I'm looking for items which can kill the Ghost-Knights in BG1 Vanilla.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    The dagger of venom applies poison on failed save vs. death, I believe.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Nah, it always poisons, saving just caps the damage dealt to a much lower amount.
    Perfect! This will be what I need to finally get that Plate of the Dead and Dead Shot :D
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    @meagloth is correct.

Save vs death or suffer.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    The damage of the dagger self doesn't matter, it's only the poison that can hurt the ghosts. What makes Dorn the most effective ghost killer isn't his strength or the 2H sword, it's the THAC0. It tried to attack the ghosts with an assassin and Shar-Teel with Dagger of Venom and neither even landed a single hit in the time Dorn killed the first ghost. It's very tedious. Start with the most eastern ghost, that's the one with Dead Shot. If you lose patience, you got at least the loot you're after.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    They've changed it then. The BG1 vanilla version is 15 over 6 seconds, save for 6 over 6.