Skip to content

The Patch or the Government Shutdown, which will be resolved first?

YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
On a related note, the Devs seem significantly more capable in handling things than our representatives, can one of them comment if they will be running for the (Athkatlan) Congress?

Are the rumors true that the senate is under the influence of a hidden godchild carrying a Dark Taint?

Any comments on the recent murders of various foster fathers in front of city libraries by armored figures?
Post edited by Dee on
AendaeronBluescaleEudaemoniumajwzAristilliusronaldoKithrixx

Comments

• VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    My clients have no comments! Carry on!
    FlashburnSyntia13
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited October 2013
    Ygramul said:

The Patch or the Government Shutdown, which will be resolved first?

Neither meaning the goverment shutdown will not be resolved cause the fed wont give any more funds and this will probably mean the patch will never get out of beta
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'm going to guess that the government shut down will be ended first.
    But in any sensible government, once the patch gets released, the government should shut down for a second time
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    i want to point out that i like my positive thinking...
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    edited October 2013

As an outsider, I sometimes wonder if there might be an Illithid Lair underneath Washington...

Yes, indeed.
    In Doctor Who, they are introduced as "The Silence".

(By the way, Steven Moffat is the best things that happened Doctor Who, lately.)

Incidentally, also, the Tea Party ARE the Aec'Latec worshippers, as per the Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tea-party-leaders-announce-support-for-deal-in-exc,34101/
    ronaldoHeindrichmeagloth
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873

As an outsider, I sometimes wonder if there might be an Illithid Lair underneath Washington...

You wonder correctly, but your conclusion is wrong; there is a banker, I mean beholder, and his cult living underneath the city. LOBBYING :O
    [Deleted User]
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298

I'm pretty sure there is...Oh wait...no....no it cannot be!

GERRYMANDERING IS AN ILLITHID PLOT! THEY'RE RATIONING US FOR THE COMING ICE AGE! NOOOOOOO!
    [Deleted User]
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    "The Patch or the Government Shutdown, which will be resolved first?"

Well parliament should be back at it in the next few days. So it looks like my governments shut down will be over shortly (in the politicians defense extending your vacation for a few months only does you good if either a) the weather is nice or b) you can find a way to justify flying somewhere where it is nice).

Hey, you didn't technically state which countries government is shut down :p
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    The government didn't actually shut down. It just decided to be honest about its uselessness.
    elminsteralnairrexregTJ_Hooker
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Is the beta forum for a quasi-medieval role playing game really the best place to interject irl american politics?
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    enneract said:

Is the beta forum for a quasi-medieval role playing game really the best place to interject irl american politics?

Rethorical, right?

American politics *IS* a quasi-medival role playing game.

BGEE is just a bit better designed with better customer support and usability.

ArdulalnairmeaglothAendaeronBluescale
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    enneract said:

it is the off topic section of our quasi medieval role playing forum, so anything goes :)
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

enneract said:

it is the off topic section of our quasi medieval role playing forum, so anything goes :)
    I think this was in the The Road to v1.2 section earlier.
    elminsterenneract
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Well the government is "working" (snicker, snicker) again, so we all better be quiet before Obama sends the IRS after us.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I thought instead of trying to get his party to agree with him john boehner should have just stood up and said "you wil suffer. You will ALL suffer!"
    Then him and Obama would fight with their medieval wepon of choice and we would have ourselves a king and no longer have to worry about petty politics. :-)
    alnairBattlehamster
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Bah, this little drama is going to be replayed again in January/February.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Bah, this little drama is going to be replayed again in January/February.

That's the point. American Congress now exists solely to give comedians material.
    Not that I'm complaining, or anything, right NSA?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    At the very least, it gave the rest of the world a glimpse into how completely bizarre the American government works.
    The way Democrats and Republicans attack eachother, I've seen civil wars that had more national cohesion than those two.
    Battlehamster
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    Drugar said:

At the very least, it gave the rest of the world a glimpse into how completely bizarre the American government works.
    The way Democrats and Republicans attack eachother, I've seen civil wars that had more national cohesion than those two.

Its not "quite" as much as the Democrats and Republicans as a whole as it is the fringe Far-Right Tea Party whom still believes that somehow the whole fiasco was "good" for the United States. Its a perfect example of a completely out of touch minority trying (and to a degree, succeeding) to force ridiculous legislation down the throats of the sane and silent majority by holding the entirely livelihood of our country hostage.

This is what happens when BS like Gerrymandering is considered "legal" - You end up with a Pseudo-Democracy.