Skip to content

(i think) The patch is ready to release

2»

Comments

• enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Heya said:

enneract said:

On my i5-2500k, AMD 6950, SSD, 16GB RAM, the game runs worse than the original BG1 did on my Pentium 2 in 1998.

I've just been granted beta access today, so there's still time, but I've got an almost identical setup to you (8GB less RAM) and it looks nicer and performs at least as well as pre-patch, probably better.
    Cool Story, bro.

I went so far as to reinstall the OS (both w7 and w8), no dice.
  • HeyaHeya Member Posts: 55
    Just thought it might be useful to note that that particular CPU/GPU combo probably isn't the problem.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I have pretty similar comp as well (i5-2500k and 7870), and got absolutely no performance issues.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    enneract said:

Im curious about which gamebreaking bugs you guys are experiencing, my playthrough is flawless - I agree with OP.

On my i5-2500k, AMD 6950, SSD, 16GB RAM, the game runs worse than the original BG1 did on my Pentium 2 in 1998.

This is my system also, with the z68 chipset. What version catalyst drivers are you using, what opengl version, what is your sound card and is windows managing it or are you using the vendors app? Are you sure a catalyst profile isn't being applied to force AA, triple buffering, vsync etc? For what its worth, game is butter smooth on my end with a superficially similar rig.

If you reinstalled and got the same problems, you're probably setting your system up in such a way that is either exposing a rare bug, or actually hindering an entire subsystem within your comp. You aren't running a raid array or using that Intel I/O management software, right?

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    @enneract man, that sucks. Have you posted a bug report/troubleshooting?
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    enneract said:

@enneract is it worse or better with the patch?

I had no complaints before the patch
    Well it is still the BETA version.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @enneract
    Do you have any other programs running in the background?
    edited October 2013
    Dee said:

@enneract
    Do you have any other programs running in the background?

Sometimes. Doesn't seem to have much effect either way.

The only method to ameliorate the situation is to set the process priority to 'realtime' (lower settings are ineffective).
    Wilbur said:

enneract said:

@enneract is it worse or better with the patch?

I had no complaints before the patch
    Well it is still the BETA version.
    Exactly. Which is also why, at least from my own experience, it is not ready to not be a beta yet.
    agris said:

enneract said:

Im curious about which gamebreaking bugs you guys are experiencing, my playthrough is flawless - I agree with OP.

This is my system also, with the z68 chipset. What version catalyst drivers are you using, what opengl version, what is your sound card and is windows managing it or are you using the vendors app? Are you sure a catalyst profile isn't being applied to force AA, triple buffering, vsync etc? For what its worth, game is butter smooth on my end with a superficially similar rig.

If you reinstalled and got the same problems, you're probably setting your system up in such a way that is either exposing a rare bug, or actually hindering an entire subsystem within your comp. You aren't running a raid array or using that Intel I/O management software, right?

Actually using a USB dongle for my wireless headset which contains its own DAC, so using whatever drivers that wants.

OpenGL has varied between 4.2.x.x to 4.3, after fiddling with Baldur.ini. Latest catalyst drivers, also tried beta catalyst versions, but otherwise haven't modified catalyst settings.

No RAID or intel software, I don't even have an intel sata controller. (Sabertooth p67)
    Post edited by enneract on
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @enneract Have you tried fully disabling hardware acceleration for your sound? Also, separately, have you tried turning down all the sound sliders completely within BGEE to see if the stuttering goes away? Your problem sounds a bit like the old 'ambient sounds' bug for BGT / tutu, wherein you had to disable ambient sounds or else you stuttered like mad.
    agris said:

@enneract Have you tried fully disabling hardware acceleration for your sound? Also, separately, have you tried turning down all the sound sliders completely within BGEE to see if the stuttering goes away? Your problem sounds a bit like the old 'ambient sounds' bug for BGT / tutu, wherein you had to disable ambient sounds or else you stuttered like mad.

How do you do that with BGEE? I always used BGConfig, which doesn't exist now.