Skip to content

Impossible to install

When I try to install BG:EE on my ipad I get an error message saying that I don't have enough space when it says I need 1.78 and I do have 4.1 GB of free space. Can u tell me how can I solve this?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2013
    I am not an expert on this, but I think while installing, some applications may need more space than their actual size. Once installed, it will need only 1,78 as mentioned, but in order to first install it you may need more than double the application size. Try cleaning up 1-2 gb of space and try again. (Delete unnecesary apps, transfer your videos/songs/books to a pc and after installing bg you can get them back, etc)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @lunar is correct: From my understanding (and I'm no expert), the game downloads, then uncompresses, then installs, then cleans up.

So if the download is, say 1G, and it then uncompresses to, say 2G, it then installs to say 2.4G you would need 6.4G of space on your iPad available to get the game installed...once installed, however, the game would ONLY be taking up 2.4G of available space.

The good news is that you should be able to remove/backup and restore anything. Load iFunBox on your windows PC, copy any saved games you want from iFunBox to a temp folder on your windows box, then start removing apps from your iPad (or music, or movies, or whatever). Install your copy of BG:EE and then re-install your apps, music, whatever...the whole process can be done with just a little bit of work.