Skip to content

Bhaalspawn Markings

In Sarevok's diary he mentions that he noticed the protagonist had the markings of Bhaal when he went to visit Candlekeep.

What markings would these be? And why would the protagonist not notice them?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I would imagine it's more of a psychic marking, like the essence of Bhaal calling out from one spawn to another.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    "Markings" as in "tell signs".
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    It could just me that the PC has the characteristics of a Bhaalspawn according to Sarevok. Not literal markings.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    ...But not significant enough to make him chase you down and mort you early in the game...
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Not personally. Being caught on a murder charge that early would have scuppered his chances at taking over the Iron Throne and becoming a Duke. Hence the hired assassins.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    Plus, in his diary he mentions that he left Candlekeep because Gorion was snooping around. My assumption is that he didn't have his incredibly evil armour at this point, probably had the Koveras outfit on, not the best position for a fighter to be in against someone like Gorion.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477

Plus, in his diary he mentions that he left Candlekeep because Gorion was snooping around. My assumption is that he didn't have his incredibly evil armour at this point, probably had the Koveras outfit on, not the best position for a fighter to be in against someone like Gorion.

On top of that, Sarevok suspected Gorion to be a Harper.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    It's because of all those Tutors that mysteriously vanished when I murdered them.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    If he could just sort of psychically detect other children of Bhaal the he would have detected Imoen as well, so that clearly cannot be the case.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Unless Imoen's status was retconned in, which seems very possible. Anyway, just like with physical markings, something being possible to detect doesn't necessarily mean it'll be as apparent in everyone.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I think the mark of bhaal was suppressed in imoen because of her personality. Don't they say that somewhere?
    meagloth said:

I think the mark of bhaal was suppressed in imoen because of her personality. Don't they say that somewhere?

I think they meant that nobody suspected her of being Bhaalspawn because of her innocence and good spirited nature :)

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

meagloth said:

I think they meant that nobody suspected her of being Bhaalspawn because of her innocence and good spirited nature :)

Isn't that the same thing?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    ...No.
    meagloth said:

meagloth said:

Isn't that the same thing?
    I assumed you meant there was a physical mark on the Bhaalspawn but hers didn't show up because of her personality. But if you just meant that she wasn't seen as a Bhaalspawn because of said personality, then that's all good :D