Skip to content

Which final ToB battle is harder - Original or Ascension?

O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
As the title suggest. While I have an opinion of this topic, I am collecting data, because on of the argument in Ascension-related topic.

You don't have to comment, all that is important here are results.

Thank you sincerely.
  1. Which final ToB battle is harder - Original or Ascension?75 votes
    1. Ascension
      85.33%
    2. Original
        8.00%
    3. Both are similary difficult.
        6.67%
Post edited by Cuv on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I don't know about the final battle, but the bhaalspawn battles are ridiculous, especially the abizagal one, definitely not for the faint of heart
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Of course Ascension is harder, that was the whole point of the redone final battle. What I'm wondering is why people create topics in the welcoming area that are completely out of place.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @dib
    Sorry, I never intented this to be in welcome area. @Dee can you please move this topic to general discussion?
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I'll move it for you to General :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    There really is no contest. Ascension is easily ten times harder, especialy if you play with scs2's better scripts and on insane difficulty. (So that big boss gates in demons non-stop, and you don't get auto rest between battles)
  • InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    I don't think you need a poll to collect this kind of data :P
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    i just wanted to see the votes because i've only played with ascension so i can't really say
  • BattlehamsterBattlehamster Member Posts: 298
    I've only ever played original - but just from seeing ascension it looks WAAAAAAY harder.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    From memory I would have to go with Ascension personally. Though it was a long long time ago since I last played Ascension, but I don't recall having so much difficulty beating the end game with the original.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited October 2013
    Ascension is probably tougher simply because you have to fight so much at once, and the chances of you meeting the requirements to talk Sarevok, Balthazar, and/or Bodhi to your side are slim without prior knowledge of what to say. Those characters are meant to be equalizers, but they only equalize if you say very specific things or are of a particular alignment.

Been a while since I did either, though, so I'll abstain.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Never could beat Ascension mod's final battle without cheats - it's just too difficult, and that is no fun.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    How is this even a question. Ascension is harder by miles, that's the whole point! The original final battle was way too easy, you could just steamroll it with both hands tied behind your back. The Ascension one actually requires you to have a strategy, and use every ability at your disposal.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

How is this even a question. Ascension is harder by miles, that's the whole point! The original final battle was way too easy, you could just steamroll it with both hands tied behind your back. The Ascension one actually requires you to have a strategy, and use every ability at your disposal.

It is a question, because certain arrogant user claimed that if @Cuv says that Ascension is easier than original, then it means it is. This poll exist to prove that kind of logic wrong.

Basicaly, thanks to this poll, argument that "Ascension is easier than original, so we can easily implement it to BG2:EE oficially to everyone, instead of using it as a mod/free DLC" no longer has any solidity.
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    i don't know how one can say it is too difficult if it is too difficult than lower the challange and play on easy lol