Skip to content

RP

ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
edited November 2013 in Multiplayer
Seeking to form a Campaing that may lead players to the end of this game, I'm reopening my own "Roleplaying Challenge" to a 3-player campaing. BUT that doesn't mean only 2 ppl can join - it just states that we are going to play as long as there is at least 2ppl willing (and the host avaliable). Also, not only former players can rejoin after some absense, but new players may join as well (though they'll start fresh with 2500 XP, no more).

The best way to meet me online will be steam/facebook, where
steam account = "itomon"
and
facebook = "www.facebook.com/itomon"

My gaming time is usually around 1:00am-5:00am (in GMT+0), any day of the week. Hope we can get this going 'till we beat that armored bastard who killed Gorion! And do never forget: "You must gather your party before venturing forth"!

= = = = = = =

BASIC SETUP:
Gathered at Friendly Arm Inn (after meets Jaheria and Khalid for the 1st time), the adventurers form a band to go adventuring. (although there is a "Gorion's Warden" in the group, the story doesn't need to follow that plot, nor the iron shortage plot in the first moment.)

CHARACTER CREATION:
Your character must have exactly 80 as total ability score (can't use more or less than 80 points, despite race or rolls). You can only have 4 points below 10 in all abilities (i.e. one 6, or two 8, while others are above 10).
Race/Class/Alignment: Everything is allowed, unless it is hindering or breaking the party's campaing's.

ROLES:
Any character can only have one given role at a time. Characters are designed by the sum of their mental stats: Cha, Int and Wis, untie goes in that order.
1st: PLOT LEADER - this role sets up the quests and plots for the entire group, and is somewhat the reason of keeping the group together.
2nd: PATH LEADER - this role decides travelling destination and most of the tactical decisions like using or not potions, turn left or right, etc.
3rd: PURS LEADER - this role only can access shops and spend coins, and also decides the loot of everyone else; his own loot is handled by PATH LEADER.

GAME SETUP:
Every starting character must have 2500XP (imported from Black Pits maybe?) and not yet dual-classed (if intended), wearing only non-magical items and with bag and quick slots EMPTY (can't bring health pots or scrolls, sorry).
CHARNAME (and thus the host) must be able to cast Find Familiar (see "no loading" for reasons).

RULES:
No pausing -
and be careful when casting fireball. (pause is allowed in idle RP chat, like in taverns or resting time)

No resting -
you can rest at-will at inns, but you can only rest in the wild when the majority of the party is exausted (no infinite spells)

No teleporting -
For map transiction, group must be in the middle of current border, even if that area is cleared alread (we do love random encounters). That may also affect the time spent, possibly losing quests with limited time, be warned.

No loading -
Nothing in game shall be undone, so be wise! The only exception is for CHARNAME death, when you (have to) load. When you do, you pops up your familiar and roleplay you are it, until you get to a cleric to be raised - there you have to donate 100GP/level symbolizing the raise dead purchase.
There is an alternative, though: if your familiar dies, your character "comes back" immediately, bearing the constitution loss as compensation. You are THAT magical, but not immortal.

To represent XP loss during the time dead, CHARNAME must import his older self when officially "ressed".

MORE INFO:
- Players should log with their PCs names, helping identification on the Text Box; OOC speaking should be identified between *apostrophes* or (parentheses) or ((double phar)) or whatever the group sees fit.
- Roleplaying your character is the goal, but keep in mind that by doing so we want to achieve fun and enjoyment FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP. Be wise, IC and OOC. Specially about romance, drama and evil actions.
- The game requires at least 3 players to continue, and the host will resume the adventure even if one "core" person is absent. That person can resume the adventure next session

If a player is missing, she or he will be removed from the party for that time. The player must reload previous character next game session, or the group will rejoin with him then to resume the adventure.
Post edited by Itomon on

Comments

• ValdemarValdemar Member Posts: 41
    I'm game. I have to say this is a great opportunity. I'm surprised more haven't taken advantage of it.
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    We need at least 1 more to start playing... i'll make my character with 2500XP in the meantime :D
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    Your playing times are incompatible with mine, but I do applaud your approach to lay out some basic rules. Back when I played public BG games, it always irked me when people would attempt to join with an 'all stats 25' toon -- despite the game's title stating that no cheaters would be let in. Good luck with your campaign!
    edited October 2013
    There are lots of players and lots of ways to enjoy Baldur's Gate. I wish to bring forth Roleplaying to BG1 to compensate the reduced number of banters between NPCs that BG2 has and which makes the game feel "alive" and "crowded", not just another CRPG where you run through the story only to see how it ends.

I thank you for your kind thoughts and hope you can also set your own games and gaming campaings withing this wonderful game, and I'm hopeful that the mutiplayer tool that shall be released with BG2EE will provide us easier means to do it. Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Ah yes, Itomon again with the epic setup :P
    Too bad the times aren't good for me (at the moment, might change soon). I think we tried setting up a game together before months ago, which failed because of my schedule :s
    When my time table changes and you have a spot open, i wouldnt mind joining in. I think i still have you on skype if nothing else.

Good luck at least for now
    Do not fear, @Liberelli, for this one have new rules suited for non-scheduled participation. I can only suggest that you get ready your 80-points, 2500XP character ready and safe in a saved game and, when the fate allows, you can join our campaing - doesn't matter if you didn't join from the beggining or if you can't play everytime until the end.

The main point is for us to have some play time, exercize our RP skills, test our multiplaying connections, and making more friends who enjoy sharing this much fun in BGEE!

Hope I found soon at least 2 ppl willing to start this. (In the meantime, I'll explore baldurs gate in single player mode, for it is the first time I get there in BGEE... i'm playing as "Naj, the human Kensai who found in nature his love and devotion, becoming a dual/druid xD)
    I'm ready to run this campaing through Beamdog's matchmaking 1.2 patch! :D
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    edited November 2013
    I just patched it myself so i'm rdy to give it a shot. Good to go pretty much all weekend if it works as intended.
    Hit me up on steam in case i forget to check back here :)