Skip to content

Baldurs Gate DLC / Mod

New areas and such are wonderful but I've always thought that what makes these games replayable are the different combinations of PCs and NPCs. So I would love to see a DLC patch (or mod) that looks like this:

1. A complete good party that could join you (only if you're good/neutral)
2. A complete evil party that could join you (only if you're evil/neutral)

- The party would be 5 NPCs with a more or less complete skill set so that you could can chose any type of character as your PC
- The partymembers should ideally have classes/kits not represented already in the game as NPCs
- The party should be very scaleable so that when you recuit them they start at PCs level
- As the party is already more or less complete without PC you'll have to be convincing to make them join you :)
- All party members should have some dialogs/banther (you can gain influence with each individual)
- Possibly romance options for male/female
- Preferably all party members should have their own quests (doesn't have to be long ones, new areas not really neccessary)
- Whether or not members of the party can be kicked out is debatable, but probably not from the beginning (maybe as you gain/lose influence)
- Both parties should be fightable if you decide not to recruit them (see other mercenary groups)

So what would the party look like? Maybe something like this:

1. Good party

Human - Paladin (Inquisitor)
Dwarf - cleric (Priest of Lathander)
Elf - Bard (Blade)
Half Elf - Thief (Swashbuckler)
Human - Sorcerer

2. Evil party

Dwarf Fighter (Wizard Slayer)
Half Orc - Barbrian
Human - Druid (Totemic Druid)
Halfling Thief (Assassin)
Half Elf - Mage (Necromancer)

Obviously this could be split into one Good and one Evil DLC patch and it would be great to have them for both BGEE and BG2EE

Comments?
Aristillius

Comments

• pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    I prefer to have much more say in party composition than that, so while I might try them once, they'd need to be exceptionally well written to do so more than once.
    jackjackFredjo