Skip to content

Thac0 Displaying incorrectly?

So I have been noticing a problem on my paladin today with hitting enemies.

Maybe I don't quite understand how the game calculates to hit rolls but this is what I see on my screen

Suchnwho Attacks: rolls 3 + 5 = 8 miss

From this I would think the total number (8) is the number that gets figured against my Thac0 correct?

So if my 7th level paladin with his Thac0 of 9 (-1 Gloves of wep exp, so 8) should hit AC 0 with an total of 8

But in my game this does not seem to be the case, it could be a mod issue but i'm not sure which or how it would happen. I noticed this issue most against Nimbul the nashkel assassin (2) I Ctrl-Q him to check his AC and it is 0, so with my thac0 I should hit him with an 8 (or atleast 9 maybe) but later in the fight I missed him again with an 11! How is this possible? Does the bonus to hit after die roll really mean nothing and you need to Roll your thac0 to hit 0?

He is out of Mirror Images but has stone skin up, but I think against skins you still HIT you just don't do damage.

Note, I am playing BGTrilogy with SCS and Ascension (Although I didn't think these would affect Thac0 in any way)
And most of the recommended Tweaks/Fix patches

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited October 2013
    The formula you see for the hit roll is:
    [attack roll] + [modifiers] = to hit roll

The enemies AC is then added to that value, and then compared to your base THAC0. If it's greater than (or equal to, I think) your base THAC0, it's a hit, otherwise it's a miss.

Bonuses to attack can either be thought of as increasing your attack roll (as is done in the above method), or decreasing your THAC0. You were doing both, thus double-counting any attack bonuses you had.