Skip to content

easter egg NPC

wow, so i just randomly found out they added another NPC.
So i started seaching the forum for notes about him, and it looks like he came with with a patch while I was doing IRL stuff.
This is apparently old news, but I would really like to see more of this one.

Is it just me or does he had the best voice actor. of all the new NPC's?

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited October 2013
    His voice acting was the best. He was great in all the black pits dialog as well.

Also, the fact that he is a very OP sorc makes him even more fun to play with. He won't be playable in bg2 because he will be "busy" according to the devs (wink wink nudge nudge). But it was a really awesome easter egg.
    etagloc
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    He taught me a new word: rivvel
    etaglocYupImMadBro
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    XerxesV said:

He's not the only one that uses that word.
    MalicronnanoAristillius
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    CoryNewb said:

Also, the fact that he is a very OP sorc makes him even more fun to play with.

That's the reason I don't find him fun to play with. He's VERY OP, not borderline OP like Dorn, who has a few weaknesses (his con & dex).

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

CoryNewb said:

That's the reason I don't find him fun to play with. He's VERY OP, not borderline OP like Dorn, who has a few weaknesses (his con & dex).

But he's a sorceror - their stats essentially don't matter
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    Also, HE'S A SORCERER. I've never found a use for a sorcerer over a mage. If you want an evil spellcaster, get Edwin.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Baeloth's OP-ness isn't really his stats, its the fact he gets a bunch of extra spells than standard Sorcerers.
    Malicron
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629

Baeloth's OP-ness isn't really his stats, its the fact he gets a bunch of extra spells than standard Sorcerers.

So he IS Edwin, then? (only half joking. Damn/Bless that necklace!)
    Take Edwin *and* Baeloth. Break game.

I think Baeloth gets like... 2 more castings per level than normal Sorcerers or something (up to 7 rather than 5). I think he might *also* be able to pick one or two more spells on top of that, but I might be misremembering.
    Malicron
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

CoryNewb said:

actually I find dorn pretty OP as well, that 19 base strength to me is just to huge for an npc to have, and this makes it so he is better than minsc in every way basically, 16 dex isn't bad, infact when it comes to melee bashers 16 dex is pretty good amongst the pool of melee bashers in bg, plus the low con is inconsequential because that makes it so he can use the claw of kazgaroth without worrying about HP loss, I would say if his str went down to around 18/90 he would be much more balanced, or you can just have both baeloth and dorn on your team and just wreck shop where'er you go :)

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I love Bealoth's voice. I use it for my voicemail. You can imagine how happy people are after I return their calls after letting it ring just so they can here him say "is there *really* no one else you can bother?"
    nano
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    XerxesV said:

Until I looked it up a while later I thought it was some kind of Shakespearean insult that people actually used.

And I love this line: "I have little taste for sleeping in a dog pile with you rivvil, find me an inn!"

The mental image of my party of evil socialpaths sleeping in a pile like a bunch of puppies just cracks me up.
    Ahhh, rivvel is a small noodle used in soup, yes?
    When you search rivvel in google maps you get happy valley girl scot camp in Virginia, but it says there are no results.
    @nano @xerxesV said rivvel. You guys changed it to rivvil.
    @meagloth Yeah, that's how it's spelled.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I love his response when you choose "Die, Drow!"
    etaglocCoryNewb
    Dorn, Edwin, and Baeloth? Same party? GG!
    CoryNewb said:

A friend of mine did that when she was doing an evil BG:EE play through. It was... well, easy would seem to be understating the matter.
    edited October 2013

CoryNewb said:

A friend of mine did that when she was doing an evil BG:EE play through. It was... well, easy would seem to be understating the matter.
    Oh man...korgan and dorn are going to be such an awesome combo up front in bg2.....brings a little tear to my eye.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    His best voice line is, when he totally freaks out and threatens to burn your eyes from their sockets. Totally wicked voice, kudos to whomever voiced him.
    CoryNewb
    geselle said:

His best voice line is, when he totally freaks out and threatens to burn your eyes from their sockets. Totally wicked voice, kudos to whomever voiced him.

Mark Meer, I believe, same as Rasaad.
    CoryNewb
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Yup, our very own Mark "Commander Shepard" Meer voiced Baeloth and Rasaad.
    CoryNewb
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    Coriander said:

Yup, our very own Mark "Commander Shepard" Meer voiced Baeloth and Rasaad.

wow..really?.. very well done.
    jackjackCoryNewb