Skip to content

[Inconsistency] Rest-worthy areas

BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
edited October 2013 in Original BG1 Bugs
Hi,

Every now and then I come across the "You may not rest here, either find an inn or rest outside" message, which is usually okay, because I should've realised that resting on the floor of Feldepost's Inn is uncool. But sometimes I try to rest in a cave, and I still get that message.

Why are some caves (or other areas that don't allow resting even though they should) marked as areas that don't allow resting? I'm guessing that you can't rest indoors in a house because that indoor area is tagged as "urban household" or something, and it seems like some caves are as well.

An example is the cave in the area just south of Beregost. I really want to rest there, but the game won't let me!
Post edited by Basillicum on

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I don't remember a cave in the area directly south of beregost. Am I missing something?
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @meagloth Not much, but you do find five potions of healing inside the cave, which can pay off early in the game.

The cave is located just north of the hobgoblin that has Zhurlong's Boots of Stealth.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I see
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Just to clarify, the cave south of Beregost is not the only one that doesn't allow resting.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    If you have Near Infinity then it becomes trivial to set the "can rest" flag on all those outside areas. Of course, if you set this flag it won't update the area stored in baldur.gam so you would have to decompress that file, edit the area, save it, recompress, then save again.