Skip to content

No cursor on launch screen - can't launch game!

WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
edited October 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
- pre-purchased BG2EE today and saw an update was available for BGEE so I chose to dl it - I suspect the issue is I installed the Beta (without permission?) - in any event it almost immediately said ready to play but when launch screen appears there is no cursor to choose what to launch (nor does it highlight anything using the tab key) -

tried uninstalling/re-installing - same issue

Running windows 7 - have not had any issues prior to this

Launch screen says version 1.0.2014
Post edited by Wanderon on

Comments

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Been a couple of days now is there someplace else I should be posting this to find out how to use my game again?
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    edited October 2013
    You do not have the beta patch, version 1.0.2014 is the regular version ever since february.

Did you reinstall Windows, install a new driver or anything?

You may try switching to window mode by typing Alt+Enter. If it works, then go to the graphic options and disable the hardware mouse cursor to see if it changes anything.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    Otherwise open the following file with WordPad (*NOT* Notepad)
    C:\Users\your windows username\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\Baldur.ini

Change the following value:
    'Graphics',	'Hardware Mouse Cursor',	'1',
    to:
    'Graphics',	'Hardware Mouse Cursor',	'0',
    then check whether it fixes your issue.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Isaya said:

You do not have the beta patch, version 1.0.2014 is the regular version ever since february.

Did you reinstall Windows, install a new driver or anything?

You may try switching to window mode by typing Alt+Enter. If it works, then go to the graphic options and disable the hardware mouse cursor to see if it changes anything.

This worked but I have no idea why - altho I suspect it is because I think I used the stand alone installer when I originally downloaded the game and thus was not launching through the beamdog client -(I ended up there after pre-ordering BG2EE) that's probably also why the beamdog client said there was an update available -( my other version was already updated)

In any event I am back in business - thanks for the help!