Skip to content

BG2 EE magical items...

I was just curious is there a deck of many thing in bg2 and what are some of the other good items in bg 2?

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    There is a Deck of Many Things already in vanilla BG2, in the possession of a friendly Cambion in Watcher's Keep.

Other less obvious items include a Book of Infinite Spells, a couple of Figurines of Wondrous Power, a Horn of Blasting (though less useful than its PnP counterpart), and a Ring and Flask of Djinni Summoning.

For Weapons and Armor, try this link:
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/weapons.php
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Yes there is. Powerful items include the Robe of Vecna, Amulet of Power, Ring of Gaxx, Crom Faeyr, Carsomyr, Celestial Fury, Flail of Ages, Staff of the Magi, the list goes on.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    damn!!!!!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    plus ToB has some GREAT weapons, each weapon type, has its own super duper weapon of any given catergory
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    CANT WAIT!!!CANT WAIT!!!!2 MORE DAYS!!!!!
  • RazaDelromRazaDelrom Member Posts: 149
    I picket it up on another thread, but wasn't there a bag of holding somewhere in BG2? Would have been real nice to stow the cheap replacement weapons until you can get a hand on real craftmanship in BG.

I remember some very nice staffs (build in spells, not a charged item!), the amulet of power, some nice throwing weapons and alot real masterpieces already postet in this thread. I think that BG:EE added some things which I missed on the vanilla BG2 like some goodness for paladins beside weapons.

Btw. I hope for better bows, at the moment my sling does more then twice the dmg then other bows, simply because it add's the STR damage bonus.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    Every time I re-install BG2, I need to take off all the colour-affecting flags on the Staff of the Magi, otherwise you turn into a trippy light-show ala Protection from Evil.

While you're at it, Beamdog, don't do that for any new epic lewts, sincerely Everyone. Gentle pulsing akin to Protection from Petrification, alright, walking epilepsy test, no.

On-topic: There's also a Staff of Power that you acquire in a very interesting way, hint: you are a master wizard and you commission its creation at great potential cost.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Tsyrith said:

Every time I re-install BG2, I need to take off all the colour-affecting flags on the Staff of the Magi, otherwise you turn into a trippy light-show ala Protection from Evil.

While you're at it, Beamdog, don't do that for any new epic lewts, sincerely Everyone. Gentle pulsing akin to Protection from Petrification, alright, walking epilepsy test, no.

On-topic: There's also a Staff of Power that you acquire in a very interesting way, hint: you are a master wizard and you commission its creation at great potential cost.

And while they're at it they can remove the obnoxious effect from the cloak of mirroring.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013
    @Sceptenar, Think I've already seen something along those lines implemented already, the graphic that is usually associated with Spell Trap and Spell Deflection (the giant wiffle ball) has been changed to something much easier on the eyes. At least that's what my cap-removed black-pits soloist sorcerer is telling me.

On topic: I wouldn't mind a nerfing to something like the deck of many things, locking it to savegame instead of the reload-palooza it currently is. Perhaps assigning a flag using RNG at the start of the game to determined outcomes that are intended to be random and risky? Sometimes you should suffer the bad along with the potential for the incredibly good, though, it would be heavy-handed compared to the rest of the game ("long circle the blue", honestly, scribe that stuff on 100lb stone tablets and fit THAT in your scroll case, make people utilise the user functionality in the journal).
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Tsyrith said:

On topic: I wouldn't mind a nerfing to something like the deck of many things, locking it to savegame instead of the reload-palooza it currently is. Perhaps assigning a flag using RNG at the start of the game to determined outcomes that are intended to be random and risky?

There is a dont-reload-while-using-deck mod which ensures that you suffer the RNG of the deck. In fact this mod comes as standard with BG2EE.

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @karnor00 I know the BG2 fixpack is being included as standard, and the only fixes I can find for the Deck of Many Things are bugfixes. Have I missed something?
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Er... I guess I'll try and explain how the mod works...

Step 1 : Use Deck of Many Things
    Step 2 : The mod then gives you the option of not reloading

In fact this mod is part of a larger dont-reload-when-you-dont-want-to mod. Basically, at any point were you could reload, this mod also gives you the option of not reloading.

Warning : Use of the various dont-reload mods requires willpower.