Skip to content

TuTu Mod additions/buyouts!?

wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
I am curious on whether the team has considered future DLC to be mods they have purchased or obtained right to from the mod community. Making these mods available for like $2 or even pack available for $5 would great with the adjusted visuals and all the weapons/characters introduced by the mod community. I have always wondered why devs don't purchase or offer recognition to make mods part of the original game. This would really make the community put great effort into making great mods and gives a lot of new ideas for future games.

Does anyone have any other ideas like this?

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    It's a nice idea, but most of the mods you can get are unprofessional or at the very least unpolished. In order to make them sellable they have to be spell checked, bug checked and priced check. :D
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    and with that enhenced edition would it make tutu irrevellent?
  • wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
    No, some of the stories in the Tutu editions are fantastic, I am more wanting the expansion of the story for the many empty field areas in Baldur's Gate than the game improvements. It would be nice if the gaming industry started looking harder at the mod community for help instead of always forcing additions when they have ran out of ideas.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    story element... euh then, in my mind tutu was only to play BG1 on BG2 settings
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Ward said:

It's a nice idea, but most of the mods you can get are unprofessional or at the very least unpolished. In order to make them sellable they have to be spell checked, bug checked and priced check. :D

You can take for example BG1 NPC mod which is considered excellent mod. spell check, bug fixing and polishing it I persume is much less work than creating it from scratch - the foundation is there. I think its a Nice Idea

• wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
    This also why I said the devs would only pick the best one's, as it could be alot of work that would only be worth it if the content was fantastic.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I disagree totally. BG modding has been and always will be free to anyone.

Of course some mods are unprofessional and unpolished what do you expect from a casual gamer who turns to modding as a hobby. BG modding to use a term, "underground". A lot of mods were made by people under the age of 19. Believe me it shows, nothing drives me crazy when you see common words misspelled. If some of you people are so picky about such things, by all means volunteer you time by helping to check for spelling/grammar issues or make it more polished.