Skip to content

Bg2 F/M/T starting level.

hey guys/gals hope you can help me with this. At what level would you start the game as if you played a F/M/T. im level 5/5/6 (I think) already, and i havnt touched TOTSC content yet.
will It be to easy if I max out the xp cap for bg1?.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Keep in mind that BG2 goes *much* farther in levels than BG1. In BG1 you reach what, level 7, 8, 9 perhaps? In ToB you can get to 40.

Also, I do believe that you start BG2 with enough XP to match the TotSC xp cap anyway.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    You have a higher starting lvl (more XP) when importing a capped character from Totsc/BGEE.
    Anyway, I wouldnt say it's too easy, that is totally subjective by the way.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if you start fresh in bg2 you will have 89 000 xp, which I believe puts you at 5/5/6, but if you import your bg1 character into bg2 you can have as high as 161 000 xp, which I believe puts you at 6/6/7, I've done that a few times, but one thing you will notice is that after about level 8/9/10 ish, level progression is going to SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW down big time, but still fun to play and they still work pretty well, and it really doesn't make it any easier if you start at 161 000 xp compared to 89 000 xp, because you will only be 1 level higher in each class
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The difficulty with triple classes in BG2 is that the experience table plateaus, and you'll no longer be only a couple of levels behind a pure-class. So at 2.95 million XP (the original SOA level cap) A F/M/T will be 11/12/14 while fighters are at 19, mages at 17 and thieves at 23!
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    im haveing so much fun with with this class (classes). I don't really care about power aslong as i can complete the game F/M/T is my new fav.
    can I export/import my hero from any point, or do i have to finish bg1 first?
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013
    Corvino said:

The difficulty with triple classes in BG2 is that the experience table plateaus, and you'll no longer be only a couple of levels behind a pure-class. So at 2.95 million XP (the original SOA level cap) A F/M/T will be 11/12/14 while fighters are at 19, mages at 17 and thieves at 23!

Does this mean you can end up (in ToB) with Mage HLAs you'll never actually be able to use?
    etagloc said:

im haveing so much fun with with this class (classes). I don't really care about power aslong as i can complete the game F/M/T is my new fav.
    can I export/import my hero from any point, or do i have to finish bg1 first?

You can export anytime. I believe if you are under-XP the game will put you to the default BG limit of 89000 at the start of BG2 (anything over that you keep, to my knowledge).
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Eudaemonium I think the TOB XP cap is at 8 million, meaning you can get 2.66-odd million per class. This is enough to just (barely) get you to level 17 as a mage, while you start getting level 9 spell slots at 18.

You would be able to use the additional spell slot HLAs, but you'd never be able to cast improved alacrity or dragon's breath. Or even Timestop.
  • 10thLich10thLich Member Posts: 99
    Unless they changed it, a Fighter/Mage/Thief gets the same HLA table as a Fighter/Thief. Which means a FMT is missing out on those tasty bonus spells slots.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Well, a max level FMT wont have access to level 9 spells anyway, so those bonus spells dont matter.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think he was talking about the 3 HLAs that allow mages to cast an additional 6th, 7th, and 8th level spell per day.
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    10thLich said:

Unless they changed it, a Fighter/Mage/Thief gets the same HLA table as a Fighter/Thief. Which means a FMT is missing out on those tasty bonus spells slots.

Yes, but there is a mod for that.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure you still get the bonus 6,7,8 level spells for multiclass