Skip to content

BG2EE Almost Infinite Money cheat

PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
I haven't find a thread about this, sorry if it's hidden somewhere in the forum, but I had an idea (maybe it will be obvious to all of you... but it wasn't obvious to me until few minutes ago).

You all know about the "steal and sell again and again" trick for gaining milions of gold pieces in few minutes.
I think there's a simple way to prevent this.
If you simple inhibit stealing in the shops that allow you to sell stolen good, you will have a hard time doing that trick.
You could still make some money stealing from a shop and selling to a different shop, but you wouldn't be able to do that in a cheesy way.

I believe it should be really easy to implement.

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    does it really matter?, I would call this "cheating"

if you want to break the game. Be my guest.
    All it would take to avoid this, is a little self controle

its an RPG. Would the shop keep not notice that you are selling him his own items? a 100 times in 20 minuts.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    It's called a 90% maximum success chance. No matter how high your Pickpocket skill is, you still always have AT LEAST a 10% chance of failing. Higher skill just helps to mitigate the modifiers based on a merchant's catch rate or the item's value.

It's the same as reloading in general, if people are going to do it, they'll do it no matter what you try to change. And sadly...it's one of the few useful purposes for the pickpocket skill in general.

I actually went a step further and made a Forget spell (2nd), as per PnP. It does nothing since I don't know enough to make it work properly, but does require a saving throw check and if fails I allow myself to resell that item, if they succeed I can't. And due to my rest limitations, having to spend a 2nd level spell every time I want to try and abuse it is a PRETTY big cost to pay.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Steal sell steal sell steal sell???
    That so called "bug" or "glitch" also happens in PS:T, but in a different way, you buy items for less for what you buy them (high Charisma is needed).
    What about reseting the gems to 65535??? That's infinite money, you drink a potion from your inventory, you swap that potion for a gem (DO NOT EXIT THE INVENTORY), return to game, do it again and sell the gems, just find a gem and a potion and Voila!

NOTE: you'll get infinite*2 if you use a high value gem (Star Sapphire, King's Tears, Rogue Stone etc), but it also works fine with Andar gems and those gems that nobody picks up. This won't work in BG:EE.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    may as well use the money cheat and it's faster. Simply go to console and give yourself 1 billion gold.

Now you can go up to all merchants in the game and empty their stocks. Where to store them? Simply drop them on the ground or put them in the (mod) bottomless bag of holding.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @bbear That does not requires enabling the console (a thing that I've never done, there are better, easier and funnier ways of cheating in the game) and it can be done faster/easier (OK, that's my personal opinion), but it had been fixed for BG:EE.