Skip to content

Your BG2:EE Party?

Okay, so, BG2:EE is coming. Charname aside, what parties were people thinking of having?

I have three active characters at the moment; a LN fighter/mage, a CN dragon disciple, and a LE kensai. The kensai's not doing so well so I might remake him as something else.

That said, I'll probably be taking all three into BG2:EE, with a different party. Since I consider my fighter/mage to be my "main" character, my party will probably be my favourites. AKA:

Charname
Minsc
Viconia
Jaheira
Aerie
Yoshimo/Imoen

However... since this is the EE we're talking about, this time I'm going to do things differently. I might, instead, bring my Dragon Disciple in for my first playthrough. Scandalous, I know, but hey. I want to try different things, so this time my party might be:

Charname
Dorn
Viconia
Neera
Edwin
Hexxat

That's a lot of evil. It's going to be a fun playthrough, I can just tell.

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013
    I will be running the Five-Bad Band, plus Sixth Ranger.

Charname (The Big Bad)
    Dorn (The Dragon)
    Edwin(a) (The Evil Genius)
    Korgan (The Brute)
    Viconia (The Dark Chick)
    Hexxat (Sixth Ranger)

Korgan later gets replaced by Sarevok, who probably becomes the Dragon, making Dorn the Brute. But he's also kind of the Sixth Ranger, so I'll need to reconfigure things a bit. XD
    Post edited by Eudaemonium on
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I think my lawful good party will 1/2 consist of my bg1 party:

PC fighter
    Minsc
    jahiera

Because the rest of my BG party, Khalid, imoen, and dynahier are out of the question...I intend to round out my party with Yoshimo, Rasaad, and probably Jan. (I say probably because I may use a different pure caster instead of Jan)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    My chaotic evil will probably look like this:

PC assassin
    Dorn
    Neera
    Korgan
    Hexxat
    Viconia

This is similar to my bg1 party except I'm switching out Xzar and Montaron
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    Good/neutral party

going for NPC's I never picked up before + a few new

PC - F/M/T
    Cernd
    Mazzy
    Neera
    Rashad
    last one is open. maybe Minsc or Valygar.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I want my BG2: EE party to be thus:

Charname
    Khalid
    Dynaheir
    Xan
    Ajantis
    Garick

I was thinking about playing a gnome cleric as Charname. I want to do this party because I have never had any of them in my BG2 party despite numerous play throughs.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited October 2013
    My initial run will be:
    Charname (NE Blade)
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Rotating spot
    Hexxat
    Edwin
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'm thinking of a very straight-laced group of characters I don't normally use to accompany my fighter/thief. I'll consider them a law-abiding front and character witnesses for my otherwise fairly criminal Charname.

Charname - half-elf F/T
    Keldorn
    Anomen (who will pass his test)
    Mazzy
    Aerie
    Nalia
  • First party is going to have all the new EE NPCs to see the new content (and see how well they get along with BG2-style banters):

Kensai->Druid
    Dorn
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Hexxat
    Jan

And then I have an evil character ready to go:

Cleric/Thief
    Dorn
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Korgan
    Sarevok

With potentially using Hexxat in the 6th spot and sacrificing Korgan in Hell to make room depending on how I like the new thief.

The rest of my "official" characters are waiting on the 1.2 patch so I can use BGTweaks to enable new race/class combinations; I'm planning on a Dwarven Inquisitor, a Half-Orc Dark Moon Monk, a Halfling Sorcerer, and an Elven Blade.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Charname (Stalker or Inquisitor)
    Minsc ( and boo ofc)
    Hexxat (I'll pick her because she's the new npc)
    Neera (I like wild magic)
    Viconia (I always pick her when I don't pick Keldorn)
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Charname - swashbuckler (level 8)/ mage
    Neera
    Rasaad
    Viconia
    Minsc
    Yoshimo/Imoen in SoA and Sarevok in ToB.
    @SamuelVarg just wondering about your Charname - why dual at 8? Is this the point where you have maxed out all the skills your want? I only mention it because dualling Swashbucklers at 10 gives an additional AC and THAC0 bonus.

I appreciate that not everyone metagames, though.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    Corvino said:

@SamuelVarg just wondering about your Charname - why dual at 8? Is this the point where you have maxed out all the skills your want? I only mention it because dualling Swashbucklers at 10 gives an additional AC and THAC0 bonus.

I appreciate that not everyone metagames, though.

Because I don't need higher stat's and I don't want to wait to long before the mage class kicks in. That small AC and Thaco bonus I can live without.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I haven't had the pleasure of playing BG2 much at all, but I've heard about it and read about it (I played the heck out of BG1 but oddly I don't own a copy of BG2... until Nov. 15th). I plan on bringing my CN human jester in first since I had so much fun with her.

Minsc
    Jan Jansen
    Korgan

Those three have amusing dialogue and will make the cut for sure. After that... I might have a rotating slot for quests, I might try Dorn or Rasaad for a romance option. Ultimately, I'd like to have Sarevok along when the time is right and the stars align for the Throne of Bhaal to rise out of the depths. I guess you could say I'm keeping some options open since I haven't really played the game through before.
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    @LordRumfish, you're in for a fun ride. :)
  • FenrusFenrus Member Posts: 2
    The BG2 party I'd go with back in the day consisted oh:

Charname (Elven Fighter)
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Viconia
    Imoen
    Edwin

In BG2EE, Charname is going to be the Elven Berserker I've gone through BGEE with, and I'm going to substitute Keldorn in for Minsc this time.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited October 2013
    Charname (Elf Sorcerer)
    Dorn
    Korgan (replaced by Sarevok in ToB)
    Hexxat
    Viconia
    Edwin

Then for the second run:

Charname (Human Cavalier)
    Jaheira
    Mazzy
    Aerie
    Neera
    Nalia (replaced by Imoen after Spellhold)
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    @Fenrus Have you ever pulled that off? In case you haven't played BG2 before,
    Every time I tried that, after a certain amount of time Minsc snapped and killed Edwin because he wouldn't stop taunting him (or rather I had to defend my precious mage and kill Minsc). I could be wrong as I have never bothered to find a way around it, but I think it's inevitable.

My party is subject to change but since I kind of hate most of the straight-up good characters:

Charname (Human Fighter)
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Hexxat (if I like her)
    Neera
    Dorn

If Hexxat is annoying/sucks/etc:

Charname (Half-Elf Shadowdancer)*
    Edwin
    Viconia
    Dorn
    Jaheira
    Neera

*actually based off my 3.5E tiefling but I don't know the first thing about modding
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    I had a few PCs i liked in BG:EE, so i will keep going with them

Charname female F/M LE
    Edwin, my faithfull evil minion that thinks i'm his faithfull evil minion
    Hexxat, my lovely knife in the dark, may our love destroy all in our way!
    Dorn, the big evil brute making Hexxat look nice so she can backstab their asses while they run from him
    Viconia, as a male player, i have to pick her up in at least one party <3
    Korgan, lugage carrier and meat shield, later to be replaced, when i get a bag of holding and find my
    Little Brother Sarevok! The one i tried to reunite with uner the city, but we had a misunderstanding so i killed him, now is my chance for redemption by kicking out the runty dwarf

Charname male Archer CG
    Neera, chaos is sexy!
    Minsc, Rangers!
    Valigar, Rangers
    Aerie, i need a cleric and a witch for Minsc
    Nalia, need a thief and even more magical firepower!

Charname male Cavalier LG
    Aerie, my damsell in distress
    Imoen, my lovely little sister
    Anomen, my fellow aspirant to the noble order of the radiant heart
    Keldorn, our mentor to me and Anomen, will leave the party to stay with his wife, but will come back in our time of great need (can you get him back after finishing his quest?)
    Raassaad, the comic relief character until he realy shines as a monk and kicks Alorgoth's ass

Charname F/M/T
    Solo run!
    @SassyGoldElf Tiefling is apparently the only non-standard race the shows up correctly on your profile sheet, due to it existing for Haer'Dalis. You could EEKeeper your Half-Elf Shadowdancer to have Tiefling as their race and it probably wouldn't cause too much of an issue, as long as you didn't tinker too much.
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    @Corvino Ooh, I'll have to look into trying that. Thanks!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013

@Corvino Ooh, I'll have to look into trying that. Thanks!

If you are also curious to adhere to 2E Tiefling abilities, they get -1 STR and WIS and +1INT and CHA. They also get 50% immunity to cold damage, and +2 saves against poison, fire, and lightning (but I have no idea to add saves for those specific things, poison is covered by your death save, but so are other things). they also get Infravision.

I recently changed my Charname into a Tiefling (I imported her then to start a new game, it might be bugged otherwise) and the various race references in the text (where people call you 'human' or 'elf' etc) all correctly call her a tiefling. So it seems to work well within the game's coding system.
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    edited October 2013
    PC Wizard Slayer -> Thief
    Jaheira
    Minsc
    Neera
    Imoen (Hexxat up until then)
  • lemonjuicelemonjuice Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2013
    I've played the game many times already, so I don't really want to play with NPCs again. Instead I want to create my own teams with classes and kits I haven't played with before.

Neutral Good Team.

1. Undead Hunter
    2. Monk
    3. Blade
    4. Thief
    5. Sorcerer
    6. Totemic Druid

Neutral Evil Team.

1. Kensai
    2. Shapeshifter
    3. Barbarian
    4. Assassin
    5. Necromancer
    6. Priest of Talos

If I play the game with NPCs, I'll go all the way from BG1 and try new ones, again with a class I haven't tried before.