Skip to content

Cleric/Mage and affects

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I have an affect to my character through bgkeeper, yet it is removed by dispells (I know it's cheesy but I added an affect so my cleric/mage can get 200% xp and level up as if it were 1 classed). I have tried adding other affects to test this, and they all are removed by dispell, I notice it in game and after saving, when I go to the keeper they are gone. Does anyone know how to fix this?

P.S.:Love BG:EE, can't wait for BG2:EE (pre-ordered it just after I saw the news that it was being released!!!!)
elminsterEudaemonium

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    quickly run away from the baddies that are trying to use dispel on you? :)
  • IrithylIrithyl Member Posts: 40
    That's what I have been doing, but it doesn't feel right :s
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    What parameters/flags did you set for the effect?
    Type: 0x00000068
    Param 1: 200
    Param 2: 2
    Flags: 0x00000009
    Time: 0
    Probability: 100
    Target: 0x00000000
    No one knows how to solve this problem? :s
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Not sure that what you're trying to achieve is possible but you should try using Near Infinity instead.

Hi Iansounet, thanks for the recomendation! I can edit the affects of a character with Near Infinity in a permanent way? I didn't know this program, I must warn you I am not a pro at computer stuff :s

Basically, characters with two classes divide the XP they gain to the two classes they have, what I am trying to do is to double the xp my character gets so he progresses through the game as if he only had one class. For example: At the end of BG:EE a normal Cleric/Mage would be maybe around 7/6, but if you double the xp he earns he will end up as a 8/9. :)
    Just tried and I don't have a clue how to use it :(
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    NearInfinity can be really tricky to use if you haven't done it before. I've never done what you are aiming to, though so I can't offer much advice :(

Also, because of your previous post. You are aware there is an experience cap, right?
    I have xp cap remover :P hehehe
    Did you copy your affect from a spell affect? There are other flags that I think might be causing the problem. You want to copy it from a permanent affect instead.

I think Target should 2. Or maybe 1, for self?

You could also try adding an affect to make yourself immune to dispel (protection from spell 0x0ce).
    I have tried to change the 0x00000000 to 0x00000001 and 0x00000002 and still it happens :s Making my character immune to dispel would penalize me too much during game play. There is something crucial I am missing, because affects that appear associated to a class are not remove by dispels.
    Where did you copy the affect from? A spell?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    This will flag the Affect to "No dispel". ;)

So I just change the DWORD in an affect to 0x00000002 so it isnt affect by dispels? :D
    YAY!!! it works!!! Thank you!! You sir, are a god to me! :D May I ask how did you know this thing?
    Irithyl said:

YAY!!! it works!!! Thank you!! You sir, are a god to me! :D May I ask how did you know this thing?

Because... I'm a God?

Damnit! I shouldn't have said that, now you'll keep that knowledge all to yourself! :P muhahaha?
    I cross-checked with the parameters of Near Infinity, to find the corresponding value ;)
    Well then you are truly a god, from what I have seen a godly intelligence is needed to understand that program lol