Skip to content

While fighting Bodhi Paladin Eric Vanstraaten claims I have attacked and betrayed the paladins

Well the title says it all. While fighting Bodhi Paladin Eric Vanstraaten claims I have attacked and betrayed the paladins so they leave. I have no idea why this is happening. Obviously, I am NOT attacking the paladins. I "googled" this problem but did not find anything on it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Did someone in your party get charmed maybe? I think even if it's one of the paladins/ thieves you brought along who gets charmed that can do it.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2013
    Some stray area effect of spell my have agroed them. Did you cast holy smite, symbols, sunray, fireball/storm, etc. Even though paladins may not be hurt by the spells, it may still count as an offensive action against them.

Also if one of the paladins get charmed by the insidious vampires, and is hurt by your spells/attacks, that counts as you've hurt the paladins as well.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @sarevok57
    So basically, they did that to themselves and passed the blame on others? Ah, of course, only HUMANS can become paladin.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited October 2013
    @sarevok57 has the right of it, I think the issue may be fixed with the G3 fixpack but can't be sure.
    Post edited by Corvino on
  • cmihcmih Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for all the replies!

I did cast Holy Smite, but I thought it would only affect evil characters. I am not sure what happened because there was so much going on. I just kept reloading and fighting the battle over until I got through it without making enemies of the paladins. Maybe if I had looked back through all the details scrolling at the bottom of the screen I might have figured it out. Thanks again.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    It is the leader of the paladins that has a Harbringer just as @sarevok57 says.
    Remember this when I played the original BG2 back the days. He and my CHARNAME hacked and slashed a vampire when his fireball went of and the he blamed me for it. I killed the bastard and identified his sword.
    After that I re-loaded a couple of times until the battle was won without any fireballs.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I once had Drizzt, Shadow Thieves and the Paladins helped me. Both the Paladins and Thieves claimed that I attacked them and they left.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Yes, I recall this occurring to me as well on one playthrough. Of course they'd just stolen a lot of my XP by killing my vampires, and I had no more sidequests to conclude with the Radiant Heart anyway, so I saw no reason to chase after them with flowers.

Looking back on it though, it's not very holy to take the whole "screw you guys, I'm going home" approach when Vampires are slapping the shit out of the city you're trying to purify, huh?