Skip to content

Cannot Access Undercity Chapter 7

ResurrectResurrect Member Posts: 2
edited October 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hey guys, I'm having an issue in Chapter 7 of Baldur's Gate.

I cannot seem to enter the Thief's Maze that later leads onto the Undercity.

- I've killed all Sarevok's minions at the gang building.
- I've delivered the Dukes body to the the wharf master guy.
- I've killed the 2 assassins in the prostitute den thing.
- I've gained access to the Duchal Palace, but it seems nothing is going on in there.. no ceremony or anything like there should be.
- I went to the Thieves building to try and walk down the set of stairs that leads you into the the Thieves Maze, but there is no click able staircase for some reason. So I'm basically stuck in this limbo.

I ported my save games from another computer.. maybe that has something to do with it? Doubtful though. Any suggestions on what I should do? Is there anyway I can type an area code cheat in to port into the Undercity or something?
Post edited by Resurrect on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    The problem is that the ceremony/speech with Sarevok, Belt, and Liia didn't happen. I will have to double-check what the variables should be to make this happen since I don't have things like that memorized. Anyway, that dialog/fight/cutscene should make it so that the maze is accessible.
  • ResurrectResurrect Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. What should I do?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    As long as the variable for Chapter is 7 and SarevokBehavior is a 0, both of which should be true at the time you entered the palace, then the ar0108 script should populate Sarevok, Belt, Liia, and a handful of nobles then a conversation takes place. You can double-check these via CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("Chaper","GLOBAL); and CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("SarevokBehavior","GLOBAL"); commands. You may get "does not exist" for SarevokBehavior but that means its value still counts as 0. While you are at it, check the value of "Teth", as well--the trigger that increments you to chapter 7 happens at the alternate Candlekeep, ar2626. You may or may not actually be in chapter 7 *but* you got into the palace and only Bill can open that door but he doesn't spawn until chapter 7. hrm....

Worst-case scenario: we alter ar0108.bcs to make the necessary characters appear so that the ceremony and its dialog begin correctly.