Skip to content

[Request] Large Scale Battles

CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
I really enjoyed the paladin stronghold quest where you assist another group of knights in fights against large bands of beasties. This made my paladin feel more the part of being the deciding factor in larger battles which encompassed more than just the main quest, and worrying about individuals not part of your main party but still on your side. I would like to see more large battles included in new content/dlc in the future.

It would be great to defend a castle against a horde, having to move around as a group, or possibly split your party between locations to stave off the invaders. Additionally moving through a battle from objective to objective possibly having to avoid some incredibly powerful foes would be an exciting part of an adventure, which could also supply a change of pace and tactics from the more usual dungeon exploration.

Comments

• FranticFeyFranticFey Member Posts: 31
    I agree - large scale combat provides a wonderful opportunity for some excellent tactical play. One map that seems to be particularly equipped for this would be the de'Arnise Keep. There's already a giant castle for you to defend, with gates to open, levels to defend... I could imagine a ton of possibilities on that huge field out front as well.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I agree - large scale combat provides a wonderful opportunity for some excellent tactical play. One map that seems to be particularly equipped for this would be the de'Arnise Keep. There's already a giant castle for you to defend, with gates to open, levels to defend... I could imagine a ton of possibilities on that huge field out front as well.
    SPOILERS

I agree with this map being used for this. Especially with the Nalia questline when you meet (is it her fiance?) at the gates of the keep and there is supposed to be this fear that they are going to attack if you don't relent your hold on the keep. The land around the keep is really barren, and it would be nice if as the owner of the keep you could be involved in a much more epic battle to hold it.