Skip to content

Baldurs Gate in HD?

Hi guys. Long time no see. Ive loved whats been done in BGEE so far. Great job. However i think i have a legitimate suggestion here. Be nice if Im wrong haha.

Before you guys simply link me to the *things we cant do discussion*, relax. Ive already read it twice.

"1. The source art assets for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal are lost."

Ok i understand that the source art is gone, and it would take quite a sum of money to go back and do all this.

My suggestion is that once BGEE and BG2EE are completed with minimal bugs, a Kickstarter Campaign could be run to gain the necessary funds to remake a lot of character and creature models. Then could it be made in HD? I have NO DOUBT you would gain the necessary funds. You would also gain a great new branch of customers wanting to buy the original Enhanced Editions.

Cheers.

Comments

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I don't see how having a improved graphics would make the game so much better. Instead of wasting huge efforts to improve BG and BG2, why not make something new instead? This world doesn't have enough good cRPGs.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    Atari, or what is left from them, or whosoever has now the intellectual property over Baldur's Gate, would probably say no, sorry. Beamdog does not own the intellectual property over the Baldur's Gate series.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Atari, or what is left from them, or whosoever has now the intellectual property over Baldur's Gate, would probably say no, sorry. Beamdog does not own the intellectual property over the Baldur's Gate series.

I think the devs said something to this effect when Kickstarter was brought up in the past.