Skip to content

[bug] Saving game changes resolution

barbarabarbara Member Posts: 30
edited October 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I have searched for this bug on the forum, but haven't found anything similar. Please correct me if this bug already has been reported.

Version: 1.0.2014
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 560v

How to reproduce
1. Load the attached game. I cannot reproduce this bug by starting a new game, and going to the same area does not seem to matter either. Only my saved games work.
2. Use Alt + Tab to change to the desktop.
3. Use Alt + Tab again to change back to the game.
4. Quick save. You should see the resolution change (i.e. you should see less of the area than you saw before). It also works by saving through the menu, but the game resolution change is then more difficult to see.

Expected behaviour
The resolution of the game should not change by saving the game.

Update: After more investigations I have realized that it actually is a bug with Alt + Tab. The Alt + Tab button combination increases the resolution of the game slightly. Still, the game works as if the resolution is lower, so some things like selecting spells in the menu below makes the screen scroll down. Some actions, like checking loot, saving and speaking will lower the resolution again to the presumably correct resolution.

Update 2: I have now realized that issues with Alt+Tab already have been reported.

This is in 1.0.2014, so it may already have been fixed. The save folder is attached. If you want, I can record a video clip.
Post edited by barbara on

Comments