Skip to content

The Golden Pantaloons reappear in the Neverwinter MMORG

MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
Yesternight i toiled in the town of Neverwinter, and happened on a merchant in the moonstone mask. I gave him gold, he gave me a box, inside i found more gold... Golden pantaloons actually. And the description hints it's the same variety that tends to be lost in the laundry...

More info and a picture of said item: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Golden_Pantaloons
Post edited by Michail on
FredjoelminsterTeflonAristillius

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    No matter how long I look at the cloth... these, my friends, are clearly Golden Latex Leggings!
    Pantaloons are made of dreams and are intended to be worn as underwear. Now I feel betrayed. At least Baldur's Gate got that one right.
    MichailYupImMadBroelminster
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    But can you turn them into a Big Metal Unit?! :)
    elminsterMichailTeflonCrevsDaak
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    It may just be my mind being vulgar at this moment, but am I the only one that hears "Big Metal Unit" in relation to pantaloons and thinks of a cold, uncomfortable, and inflexible strap-on?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Always keep the pantaloons
    MichailCrevsDaak
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    P2W game. Nty.
    Kamigoroshi
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    edited October 2013

P2W game. Nty.

You mean Neverwinter? Well, pretty much. All content is free and you don't really need to pay anything to win, even at pvp, until you hit level 60 (which, however, happens too fast). At that point gear score is a prerequisite for pve raids, and you have to face people with extremely high gear scores at pvp. So beyond this point you either grind and grind and grind for ever to get better equipment, or you pay to have it now and win. Some argue it's just "pay to save time", but in this case this would translate to "pay if you don't have all the time in the world to grind the same content over and over" (in other games you hit that ceiling much, much later).

Still, i 'll stick around and keep playing the solo content, even if it is only to see if there will be silver pantalets and nickel panties as rewards in future events. And possibly even a big metal unit (winks @LadyRhian).

EDIT: I did notice someone who had dyed his golden pantaloons silver yesterday... lol
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    What is the purpose of the pantaloons anyway?
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    A chuckle, I'd guess.
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196

What is the purpose of the pantaloons anyway?

scriver said:

A chuckle, I'd guess.

You mean in Neverwinter, right? It's just a fashion item and a wink of the eye. If you mean in baldur's gate.. (half smiles and walks away whistling).
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I honestly don't care. If they wanted to reference BG1, why didn't they just keep it an actual D&D rules-based game? 3E, 4E, doesn't matter, just not another MMO with typical MMO itemization and talent trees. I have Star Wars: The Old Republic for that!
    zerckanCrevsDaak
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    I had hopes for Neverwinter.
    Too bad it turn out to be more annoying than noober.

-Buy zen!
    -Buy more zen?!
    -Have you tried converting Astral diamonds?
    -Lets buy zen!
    -Zen now?
    -No zen?
    -Buy mounts!
    -Spend zen!
    -No more zen?
    -Astral diamonds here!
    -Buy zen now!