Skip to content

Wand Container

BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
A Wand Sheath? Wand Bandolier? Wand Hose? I don't know what it should be called, but I do know I'd like it.

There are already containers for scrolls, gems and potions, and one could argue that these are small, plentiful items that take up too much space in one's inventory if you do not have a container for them. Well, the same is true for wands.

They are small sticks that currently somehow need as much space as a set of armour, which is incredibly frustrating at times. :)

EDIT:
@Mortianna said:
Mortianna said:

Being fragile, wands need to be stored away safely when not in use. Also, given the number of wands throughout BG and BG2, a Wand Case would really help out with managing one's inventory.

NOTE: A mod for this can now be found here. I still think it should be officially added to the game as well.
Post edited by Basillicum on
MortiannaTJ_HookerCactusWilburParysLoremasterMidori

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Seconded. Being fragile, wands need to be stored away safely when not in use. Also, given the number of wands throughout BG and BG2, a Wand Case would really help out with managing one's inventory.
    Basillicum
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    They probably should add some armor containers too. ;)
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Pecca said:

I think that's called a Bag of Holding. =D
    MortiannaTJ_Hooker
    @Pecca And circlet cases. ^.~
    Pecca
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    edited October 2013
    @Mortianna I'm adding your comment to the original post, since it contains good points both in regards to convenience and from a roleplaying perspective.

In any case, when it comes to BG1 I think that if a Wand Case/Container is added it should become available some ways into the game, as it is in chapter 3-4 that wands start to suddenly show up everywhere. I feel like Sorcerous Sundries would be a fitting place to make it purchasable.
    Mortianna
    Sounds good to me. Maybe Ribald's Adventurer's Mart in BG2EE could have one in stock as well.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited October 2013

Pecca said:

I think that's called a Bag of Holding. =D
    I don't think there's one in BG:EE.

To OP's suggestion: seconded.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    I've seen a mod listed in Sorcerer's Place that has a key chain mod. A nice place to store those keys in the game.

Also, I second this idea.