Skip to content

New NPCs (Barbarian, Fighter/Mage/Thief)

LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
I'm a huge fan of the idea to make DLC NPCs for BG:EE and BG2:EE. Two that tickle my fancy are a barbarian and a fighter/mage/thief.

For the barbarian, I'd like to see someone that reminds us of Beowulf, of mead halls and epic sagas. He/she could have some good banter with Minsc and Branwen since they already favor this lifestyle, and could also befriend Garrick in BG1 or Haer'Dalis in BG2 to ask for their deeds immortalized in song and verse. I know I'm stretching here, but the NPC could even feature some nifty new barbarian kit (I've seen a suggestion for a cold-themed barbarian that sounded awesome, and I posited a guerrilla skirmisher with increased speed, speed factor and hit/damage bonus but leather-only armor). The quests and extra zones associated with this NPC would be gloriously badass.

For a fighter/mage/thief, I'd like to see someone plucky and witty, perhaps not unlike Coran. This character would be the ultimate utility adventurer (arrives in your party already having Identify prepared, thief skills geared toward trapfinding/lockpicking, and perhaps has the option of using composite longbows with a modest exceptional Str score and some sort of two-handed weapon). I see the character as being just plain useful though not even slightly overpowered, and potentially romanceable. I anticipate fun banters with Alora, Xan, Viconia, Safana and many others.

EDIT: I posted modified writeups for these two on this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/21036/your-ideas-on-new-npcs#latest
Post edited by LordRumfish on