Skip to content

Multiple Installment Requests

Hopefully there is someone else who has experienced this similar issue and has a fix.
I installed the game via a direct download from the beamdog site. (Not using the launcher) So to boot up the application all I do is select the BG:EE option in my start menu, also in stalled C:\Program Files\ Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Last night I pre purchased BG:EE 2 (Can't wait for November 15th, I must add) The site indicated I must download the beamdog launcher in order to pre load BG:EE 2 (I have no problem with doing that) Upon completing the launcher download, I am currently unable to pre load BG:EE 2 (Again, no issue pertaining to that as I think it is too early for us to pre load) Now, for the issue I am experiencing. The launcher indicates that i do NOT have BG:EE installed and attempted to check the files, after determining the game is not on my system, (Which is wrong) it prompts me to download it. (Again since I already have it) As I said above, where my current installation for BG:EE is, the launcher default downloads is set to, (I never altered it) I think in the Launcher folder sub foldered 07066? Regardless, is there some sort of way I can allow the launcher to locate the current installment and validate it? I mean I could always just uninstall and reinstall via the launcher. I don't want to use that route unless I am required to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Move the 00766 folder from Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data to Beamdog\Games. That should do the trick.

The launcher will still detect that there's an update, but you can run it from the launcher no problem.
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2013
    Okay thanks, I will try it when I get home. Dee, will it still prompt me to update by downloading, or will it just do like minor file updates?
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    Dee said:

Move the 00766 folder from Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data to Beamdog\Games. That should do the trick.

The launcher will still detect that there's an update, but you can run it from the launcher no problem.

This worked flawless, for anyone looking at this post and experiencing a similar issue. The launcher just needed to update like maybe 5MB worth of data, then it recognized the installment root location and all is good... Thanks Dee