Skip to content

What's our average age?

Comments

• RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    elminster said:

I'm 23. I'm from Canada ehh (specifically Toronto, Ontario). I've been playing BG since probably 1999, though I can't be sure because that was a long time ago.

Bro! Do me a favor and walk past beam dog and drool for me! I'd be camping outside till release like a sixteen year old girl for a beiber concert!!!!

• KingsclawsKingsclaws Member Posts: 13
    28 aus and played it soon after it was released. Didn't massacre it like i did with bg2 though so Its going to be fun to play it again :D
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2012

elminster said:

I'm 23. I'm from Canada ehh (specifically Toronto, Ontario). I've been playing BG since probably 1999, though I can't be sure because that was a long time ago.

Bro! Do me a favor and walk past beam dog and drool for me! I'd be camping outside till release like a sixteen year old girl for a beiber concert!!!!

Getting there would be one hell of a walk. I better get started then :) I'll report back in a few months.
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    22 as of nine days ago. Never played BG before but have seen LPs on youtube and I'm eager to get my hands on the game.
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
    Rolling up on 41. Like Ran, I spent a lot of time playing Baldur's Gate with my babies on my lap (now 15 and 11).

My cool Baldur's Gate story is that I got to try its pre-release demo at Gen Con (when Gen Con was still in Milwaukee). I remember thinking, as I watched other people give the demo a try, "This is a game ahead of its time".

Then I went out and bought the 5 (yes FIVE) disc set to play the game (And that was before TotSC came out even).
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    23. Played my older brother's copy of the original BG after watching enviously for weeks. Never let him have it back.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    Just turned 46 this month.
  • skrissakskrissak Member Posts: 24
    22 year old Canadian here. been playing bg since i was 10 and im so stokeddd
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    Lol seems i am the youngest buck around here. Only 19 y.o - yet i played the game since age 11 i think. Didnt understand a word- did all the quests the evil path and didnt know i could choose better path.
  • TulioMTulioM Member Posts: 4
    25, male, Brazil, started playing AD&D since 8 years old...
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    My average age of the past week was 34. I am Swiss :)
  • SuperJoeSuperJoe Member Posts: 3
    I'm a 20 year old from the United Kingdom, England. Can't remember how old I was when I first started playing, though I do remember eagerly installing the 5-disk version.
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    I still have my old 5 disk version, with the sixth spot taken up with TotSC
  • FillaFillasonFillaFillason Member Posts: 110
    28. Norway, bought a new computer in 1998 to play baldurs gate:-)
  • BLack_XIIIBLack_XIII Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2012
    27 here and i'm from Liguria, Italy. Played BG since it was released and, after that, one time every two years almost
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited July 2012
    Rann said:

Wow, I feel old. 45 years old (played the original BG1 with my newborn son sleeping on my lap, and he's nearly 16 now).

I feel old as well. I'm single without kids, but yesterday I went to a playgarden with my little nephew (3) and niece (6) and most of the mothers and fathers there looked like being some 10 years younger than I am.

Edit: I'm 41.

• NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    i'm a 52 year old swede who is in to RPG
    I played both games without knowing what 1D12 + 6 and the like meant :1
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
  • FeytorFeytor Member Posts: 57
    I'm 41. Old enough to have played pen and paper D&D in my student time :) Bought BG1 as soon as it was available. Woken up by the BG:EE project I now play an adventure with my son of 8. Unfortunatly I lend my BG1 disks to a "friend" never to be seen again...... So i' m stuck with IWD :(

We are both looking forward to september.
  • mandingomanmandingoman Member Posts: 1
    I won't tell my age, but I grew up playing Bard's Tale on the C64!
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    I'm a 20 year old Canadian who first played Baldur's Gate 2 sometime in the early 2000's. I currently live with my parents until I save enough money to go to college.

Back then I was quite thrilled to learn that this game was designed and created by a Canadian video game company to prove that not all great games are made only in Japan or the United States. ^_^

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I'm 45. Literally, today (got 41 mins left). I started playing D&D back in 1978, and played BG1 when it came out in 1998.
  • PittskriegPittskrieg Member Posts: 3
    LadyRhian said:

I'm 45. Literally, today (got 41 mins left). I started playing D&D back in 1978, and played BG1 when it came out in 1998.

Happy birthday!

I'm 28 and got addicted when I was around 17. Still haven't kicked the habit.
  • seekaseeka Member Posts: 53
    @LadyRhian Happy Birthday!

@Pittskrieg You say addicted like it's a bad thing!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @pittskrieg I agree with seeka. This addiction isn't a bad thing.

@seeka Thanks!
  • PittskriegPittskrieg Member Posts: 3
    It's all fun and games until you're running down Melrose in a spikey helmet waving your Nerf sword and shouting nonsense about Shaquille O'Neal being the real Sarevok.
  • AriaAria Member Posts: 6
    27 here. Been playing BG since release!
  • FillaFillasonFillaFillason Member Posts: 110

Rann said:

Wow, I feel old. 45 years old (played the original BG1 with my newborn son sleeping on my lap, and he's nearly 16 now).

I feel old as well. I'm single without kids, but yesterday I went to a playgarden with my little nephew (3) and niece (6) and most of the mothers and fathers there looked like being some 10 years younger than I am.

Edit: I'm 41.

Haha! Well, thats because its "normal" to get kids way before 20years of age,hehe. Look at our australian friend on 29 years, whit 5 children ;-)

Anyways, semms like the averge age in here is about 25-27, witch isn't very suprising, considering that that age was 12-14 at the time of realese. Computer gaming wasn't so normal whit older boys at the time, more of a nerd thing. Its still a nerd thing, but now we got grown men, woman, boys and girls playing 3 hours, beore going out training for the olympics ;-P So the nerds lost the monopol on gaming seens bg1 was realesed

• Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38
    I like this topic it make me feel young. XD

27 male in the UK here.