Skip to content

Level cap..?

whats the highest level you can reach?

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    depends on class because it actually works on an experience cap at 161000 but it is around level 9 to 7 depending on class (less for multiclass and dual class of course)
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    You can look up progression charts here.

Max XP for a single class is 161000.
    Max XP for a multi class is 80500/80500 for 2 classes or 53666/53666/53666 for 3 classes.
    Max XP for a dual class is still 161000, just make sure when you dual you leave enough room to make it to one level above your old profession. So a thief 7 to a mage 8 (40000 XP + 90000 XP = 130000 XP) works while a Ranger 7 to a Cleric 8 (75000 XP + 110000 XP = 185000 XP) does not.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    between 8-10 for single classes.

Thieves, Bards, druids hit 10.

Mages, sorcerers hit 9.

Everything else hits 8.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    This link has maximum level attainable by all classes and standard multiclasses if you scroll to the bottom:

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg/character/classes/tables/xp.shtml
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    There is also a way to remove the cap if you so choose. But unless you do something funky, you are unlikely to get more than an additional level or two out of the deal before you are done.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    On my not-quite completionist playthrough without the experience cap everyone ended up with between 220k and 230k (full party of 6).
    @Eudaemonium - pretty much what I figured. And that extra amount will maybe get you 1 extra level; unless you are going with a smaller party. Even in a party of 3, you are still unlikely to get more than 2 levels out of the bargain.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    You can obtain a theoretically infinite amount of exp by resting. I don't recommend it if you want any sort of challenge (nor removing the cap, for that matter) but it's available if you want to use it.
    @nano. I think you mean by farming. And I don't recommend it either. Its just no fun, and unnecessary for the game.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Whatever you wish to call it. Basically, you rest in certain zones to create enemies - the Ankheg and Wyvern caves are two popular places for this. In any case, I won't criticize anyone for playing how they want :)