Skip to content

Likes and dislikes about the board

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
There's a lot I like about these forums. The orange and black interface fits Baldur's Gate nicely and gives the forum a sleek look. It's a very cool idea to have posting "achievements" that you can get.

What I don't like so far is that there are far too few graphical elements separating the posts and highlighting the controls - I'm talking about lines, boxes, alternating background colors, and that kind of thing. Also, I would prefer not to have to resort to bb code to make links, italicize text, etc. A set of basic wordprocessing controls would be really nice.

All and all, I think the forum designers have done a great job so far.

Comments

• KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    I definitely agree about to word processing. I like the way that posts are distingiushed though. The way that the OP is separate bugged me at first purely because it's different to most boards that I use, but I don't really mind. I guess I wouldn't mind if each post was more distinct, but they shouldn't be moved further apart to achieve it.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    It seems that the spacing is a little too tight. With a bit more padding and white space between the posts, it would be a lot more ledgible.
  • ZakerosZakeros Member Posts: 75
    Also, the currently on-line users should be shown somewhere on the bottom of the main page. Maybe "currently viewing this category" section on the bottom of each as well?
    edited June 2012
    Sorry, didn't check before I posted - my fault ;) But, I also gave the idea of category viewers, so... ;)

Edit: Seems like we just got what we wanted, yay!

Edit 2: Now, it's not the best idea... when there'll be more than 50 users, the page would be too long - even now, when there's only 30 currently, it's kinda too long.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    I see it now :/
    Perhaps it only should be with a dot of some kind on the user. Green online, red off.
    And only shows numbers of user online..
    Yes, that would be all right, and most important thing - move search bar up, so it won't get lost as it is, when there are several dozens of users.