Skip to content

Comments

• alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    (Please assume my vote as "Just show me the results")
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    I like the idea but I think it's impossible, considering how divine spells work. Thus neutral result.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    It's just like Sorceror, but the cleric version of it. Therefore, I personally don't want to see such a thing.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Giving how the Favoured Soul requires the player to choose a specific deity (something which isn't implemented within the Baldur's Gate franchise) for both roleplay flavour and weapon-related bonus proficiencies, I can't really imagine this kit to be all that faithful to its 3rd/3.5 edition counterparts. But if it can be propperly done with selectable deities, sure, why not?

Personally though, I'm more in favour for the Spirit Shaman myself. Or the official AD&D Shaman kit for that matter.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Favored Soul could be implemented easily as a Sorcerer type spell casting cleric. Prevent Dual classing and there you go finished.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    I'd love to see that class created.
    For Thaco / saves and whatnot, just use the cleric progression table.
    And let people pick spells like a sorcerer, but from the Cleric available spell list.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I'd personally prefer to see more deities as more kit options for clerics. As for 'Favoured Soul' just count me as a neutral "not bothered either way" rather than a harsh sounding "don't care" which sound like I may lean more towards not than for.
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I hate the holy classes, but I don't have any real issues if this is included in the future =)
  • SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    Regarding picking a deity, pretty sure that there's one obvious choice in the Baldur's Gate series.

You know. That one story about a god.

I forget his name.

It started with B though.

Wasn't Baldur though.

I dunno.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Now who could that be...? Bane? Beshaba? Berronar Truesilver? Baervan Wildwanderer? Baravar Cloackshadow? Brandobaris? Or perhaps Bahgtru? :p

In any case, I really don't like the idea to have one single and fixed deity for such a kit. Or to be forced to pick Lathander for Good, Helm for Neutral, and Talos for Evil aligned Favoured Souls--such choices would be way too limited for my taste. At the very least add Auril, Loviatar and Ghaunadaur to its deities pool for some diversity.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited October 2013
    None of which really fit a favored soul. Torm, Tempus, Xvim would be better IMO.

Of course I feel the class is a train wreck waiting to happen and would much rather see 2nd edition kits added, instead of more 3rd which have no business being in BG in the first place.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @Anton, can you add this thread on the OP list?

Request of Favored Soul as an kit.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @kamuizin it is the first one, if I'm not wrong.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Given that cleric has more spells per level than the equivalent mage, I dont see the necessity for this class in terms of utility. Also, spell progressions may be weird since sorcerers get up to lvl 9 spells in 31 levels, while favored soul only has spell levels up to lvl 7 but 40 levels (assuming cleric progression levels). This means that favored soul probably gets about 6-7 spells per spell level. In comparisons, there are fewer cleric spells to choose from the pool.

I say bring it on, but first we need more cleric spells (or the ability to combine the druid spells too in the spell pool).
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421

None of which really fit a favored soul. Torm, Tempus, Xvim would be better IMO.

Of course I feel the class is a train wreck waiting to happen and would much rather see 2nd edition kits added, instead of more 3rd which have no business being in BG in the first place.

Thing is, the BG games were never TOO faithful to 2nd Edition.

BG2 added a bunch of kits that don't exist in ADnD or are very different, as well as Monks, Barbarians, Sorcerers etc.
    (Sure those classes exist in ADnD one way or the other but those versions were influenced by 3E)
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Sasayaki said:

Regarding picking a deity, pretty sure that there's one obvious choice in the Baldur's Gate series.

You know. That one story about a god.

I forget his name.

It started with B though.

Wasn't Baldur though.

I dunno.

I think his/her name is similar to the final boss of Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction, am I right? The only difference being a h?