Skip to content

Mendas vanilla TotSC bug.

MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
In Ulgoth's Beard when you first talk to Mendas you have to choose option 1. "Knowledge is worth pursuit my friend...", or otherwise the fisherman Calahan won't spawn at all, and Dushai won't speak with you about Balduran(or anything for that matter). For some reason I guess this is treated as intended behaviour since even the BG2 fixpacks never addressed this(AFAIK).

To me this is seems like an obvious bug. I mean how would the simple fisherman like Calahan know, or even care for that matter, what you said to Mendas. He certainly doesn't seem to care whether you accepted Mendas' quest or not, just that chose option 1 at the beginning of the conversation.

Same with Dushai, when you first speak with her she just says "I'm trying to meditate, adventurer. Come and see me later." I don't think any kind of link is ever established between her and Mendas, but somehow she doesn't want to speak with you unless you chose option 1 while talking to Mendas...

The me it seems far more likely that, like Calahan, she was there to flesh out the story of the werewolf island, and therefore made so that you could only talk to her after having talked to Mendas first. However because of an oversight the "trigger" to open her conversation, and to spawn Calahan, was unfortunately only added to 1 of the 3 possible conversation starters.

Anyway the point of my post if that that these two characters flesh out the story of the werewolf island quite significantly, but it's extremely easy to miss that currently.

Also here's my save for quick testing of this fact. Mendas' is in the house