Skip to content

Lord Binky the Buffoon

AonghasDubhAonghasDubh Member Posts: 20
Just spent 15 minutes thinking about how best to deal with this moron, hold person didn't work, command too temporary a punishment, he runs too fast for beating unconscious, Imprisonment would have been perfect if this was BG2, in the end I decided to get Safana to charm him and lead him out into the woods as a practical joke. Safana stealthed so that he wouldn't talk to her if the charm didn't last long enough. By chance the two of them walked right into a pack of 12 Kobolds in the woods. Poor Binky didn't stand a chance! Lol

Safana tiptoed back to the party unnoticed by the wee demons, the best part is... no reputation loss :)

Comments

• badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Nicely done!
    He is the most annoying NPC!
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    scriver said:

Isn't Flesh to Stone in the game?

Also, you're all just jealous of his superior taste.

Indeed I am! I want my party to blink like that at all times!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You could just cast "Spook" on him.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Now I want an adventuring party comprised of Neera (for the wild magic), Lord Binky the Buffoon, Noober, Portalbendarwinden, and Mad Arcand. My PC will be a wild mage too, of course.
  • AonghasDubhAonghasDubh Member Posts: 20

Now I want an adventuring party comprised of Neera (for the wild magic), Lord Binky the Buffoon, Noober, Portalbendarwinden, and Mad Arcand. My PC will be a wild mage too, of course.

Not a jester PC?? Also shame there is no space for Tiax :-(
    Admittedly jester sounds more appropriate, but I already did my jester run-through. =/
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I've found beating him to a pulp over and over with fists work nicely. When he approaches you, just run away from any tent he might escape to and you'll have ample time to give him a trashing. Then surround him with all your party members and he won't be able to escape. After 2-4 beating he despawns though.

The idea of using charm on him is very good. I'll do that next time, if there is one.
  • AonghasDubhAonghasDubh Member Posts: 20
    "After 2-4 beatings"

Ahahahahah!!!! Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2013

No Peter of the North or Lord Foreshadow?
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I've always wanted to recruit the trio from the Blade and Stars. Shaella the uncertain priestess, Reginald Longtooth Worthington III the long-winded nobleman, and Maple Willow Aspen the tree person. Eep.

Shaella - cleric, but you never know what she's going to cast. Like the cleric version of wild mage.
    Reginald - jester, but his "song" puts people to sleep.
    Maple - maybe druid? Her parents sound like druids, because they were very fond of trees uh, directions.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited October 2013
    I usually just CTRL+Y him.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Can't understand the hate, I always liked Binky. Every fabulous carnival needs a jester.
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    edited October 2013

With CheatKeys enabled, you can CTRL-Q to recruit any NPC
    diggerb said:

Does it work like Charm Person, or can they leave the zone you find them in? Do they have a character record? That would be pretty awesome.
    edited October 2013

diggerb said:

Does it work like Charm Person, or can they leave the zone you find them in? Do they have a character record? That would be pretty awesome.
    They are added as a party member (but you will have to add in a picture). But yes they can leave areas. In Binky's case if you try to level him up the game will crash.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    elminster said:

diggerb said:

They are added as a party member (but you will have to add in a picture). But yes they can leave areas. In Binky's case if you try to level him up the game will crash.
    Is that because he is classless? What you you gave him a class via NearInfinity? Coudl you level him up then?