Skip to content

Icewind Dale 2 Stat Bugs (Another Plea for Icewind Dale 1/2 EE!)

VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
So I've been doing a playthrough of Icewind Dale 2, since of all of the Icewind Dale/Baldur's Gate series it is the one I haven't played in the longest time and I do miss it greatly.

Recently one of my characters received a belt that gives +6 strength and casts blurr on the character permanently.

Awesome item for my Druid/Fighter who didn't have the highest of strength values. Now she can carry stuff again! Except, now that I arrived in the Jungle of Chult, after a large fight in one of the Yuan-ti temples, she suddenly glued to the ground and wouldn't move. I couldn't figure out why. I didn't give her any new items, she had no negative spell effects lowering her strength. What gives? I noticed her strength was at 15, much lower than the belt was supposed to give. I pull the belt off. 15. I put the belt on. 15. Yet, the weight she can carry goes up by 10 lbs when wearing the belt.

Um?

Never seen anything like this in Icewind Dale 2 before. My recent Icewind Dale 1 playthough was mostly bug free, but spoiled by a bug that prevented the ending from triggering.

Baldur's Gate 2, my recent playthough has prevented me from accessing some zones. It always crashes to desktop when I attempt this.

And now Icewind Dale 2 is doing this to me. Baldur's Gate EE has never given me anywhere near this kind of trouble :)

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing my sudden and unexplainable strength woes?

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    ...I'm going to have to ask the obvious question just to rule it out: Have you tried casting Restoration and/or Greater Restoration on him?
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    scriver said:

...I'm going to have to ask the obvious question just to rule it out: Have you tried casting Restoration and/or Greater Restoration on him?

It's interesting you went right for that because I finally realized after making this post that that would be the obvious next step.

It fixed the problem.

I still figure it's a bug, however. No indication at all when it happened, how it happened, or what the heck it was, no status icon, nothing in the record file for the character indicating what happened.

Very annoying.

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Hehe, I'm just glad I didn't start giving you lots of random advice that wouldn't have worked. And that you managed to clear it.

But yeah, it was probably bugged somehow and didn't show his correct status... I don't know much about that, too be honest.
    elminster
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    scriver said:

Hehe, I'm just glad I didn't start giving you lots of random advice that wouldn't have worked. And that you managed to clear it.

But yeah, it was probably bugged somehow and didn't show his correct status... I don't know much about that, too be honest.

It drove me crazy, glad I loaded up on lesser restoration and greater restoration potions at least :P