(those damnable half-stock)

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2013
    hey i'm a half elf and I take offense! :)image
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    edited October 2013
    Hey @ChildofBhaal599 - You spelt your characters name wrong. I cannot be sure, but I think the correct spelling is: C. O. N. A. N.

=)

Ahem... On topic: I am mostly thinking about all the anti-elf slurs I can remember from Dragon Age: Origins and then trying to add in a 'half' somewhere before or after. I am terrible at this. I will think on it at work and post my insults this evening... xD
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I don't mean to ruin such a promising topic, but half-elves seem to be usually thought of as elves among humans and as humans among elves, so depending on perspective, human or elf slurs work just fine.

Now to contribute! What do you say when you meet a half-elf pirate? I hope they didn't poke out the eye with infravision!
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Didn't Cher do a song about Half Elves back in the 70s? Or was that about Half Orcs. I don't recall.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @ChildofBhaal599 Great portrait.

Hmm half elf slurs. Only ones I can think of are like half breed. Half twinkle toes. Stuff like that. Partial tree humper.

• ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Calling them half humans would be an insult, as it insinuates disability.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Wait, why is half humans worse than half elves?

@ChildofBhaal599 Great portrait.

Hmm half elf slurs. Only ones I can think of are like half breed. Half twinkle toes. Stuff like that. Partial tree humper.

it is from one of the portrait threads around here somewhere. I doubt I could find it ever again though. it seemed like it would fit a fighter/thief well though :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Wait, why is half humans worse than half elves?

Because humans are lame, and elves are awesome. If your half elf you're half awesome. If you're half human you're half lame. It's a glass half full/a quarter full thing.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    But I'm full human :(
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I seem to remember Viconia referring to Jaheira and Pai'na (the half-drow hive druid underneath the Athkatla graveyard) as "mutt."
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    Would Half-Ear work? Half-elves have human sized ears but with elven tips.
    edited October 2013
    nevermind, I do not know what I was talking about here. could have sworn I read Khalid as an elf before. was that in an earlier version of EE? vanilla? or am I just crazy?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @ChildofBhaal599 Don't worry, we're all crazy in here. :)
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427

nevermind, I do not know what I was talking about here. could have sworn I read Khalid as an elf before. was that in an earlier version of EE? vanilla? or am I just crazy?

I think both Jaheira and Khalid are half-elves :)
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2013
    @ChildofBhaal599 Is that Vega from Street Fighter?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Half breed, mongrel. I have Viconia say that to my half elf assassin NPC, a mod I'm working on.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Mortianna said:

Is that Vega from Street Fighter?

I don't think so. Vega's mask doesn't have any markings, from what i recall. Also the getup is a bit too... well, understated, for Vega.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Awfully charismatic cuties. Horribly hot hybrids. :P

The concept of half-elves having a hard time living in a world where elves are adored for their gracefulness and where there are real threats like orcs and goblins waiting outside the safety of castles and settlements never convinced me...
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Calmar said:

Awfully charismatic cuties. Horribly hot hybrids. :P

The concept of half-elves having a hard time living in a world where elves are adored for their gracefulness and where there are real threats like orcs and goblins waiting outside the safety of castles and settlements never convinced me...

Elves, adored? They look upon the rest of the world with apathy and disgust while they squirrel away in marble towers in hidden enclaves. I would say mistrust and derision would be a bit more common. Most humans and dwarves would see elves as pompous and secretive, and would resent the elves looking down their noses at them.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    They're stuck up but sexy. Just ask that guy in the Copper Coronet.
    nano said:

They're stuck up but sexy. Just ask that guy in the Copper Coronet.

That guy is also a dirty elf, himself.

...Which rhymes.

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Ah, Salvanas. If you want a good laugh then introduce him to Edwina. But save first.
    Corvino said:

Ah, Salvanas. If you want a good laugh then introduce him to Edwina. But save first.

Haha! Sounds awesome. I thought he only hit on Aerie, Viconia, and Jaheira. Does he have something to say to Mazzy, Nalia, and Imoen, too?

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Nalia's spent time in the Copper Coronet and is pretty wary of him. I'm not sure about the other two.
  • JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    There is nothing I can post in this thread that will not immediately get my account banned...
    Mortianna said:

@ChildofBhaal599 Is that Vega from Street Fighter?

I wouldn't know but it was found on the same post as Dark Souls pictures if I recall so it may be from or inspired by another game
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Ah, I think it might be one of the assassins from the initial Dark Souls II trailer.