Skip to content

What organization would you like to enter?

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
Faerûn is home to many organizations; some operate legally in bright daylight, others are carefully hidden away in the darkest corners of the continent. Here you can vote for what organization you would like to be part of!

Edit: Dang, hit enter halfway through. -_-

Guess I'll have to just write the others down here, then:

- The Xanathar's Guild (a certain Beholder's cutthroats)
- Druids of the Tall Tree (tree huggers of the High Forest)
- Guardians of the Weave (Mystra's playthings)
- People of the Black Blood (animal protectors, sponsored by Malar)
  1. What organization would you like to enter?50 votes
    1. Harpers (busy-bodies)
      22.00%
    2. Zhentarim (likeable, honest merchants)
      18.00%
    3. Fangshields (goody-goody monsters)
        4.00%
    4. Lords' Alliance (Lawful Boring merchants)
        4.00%
    5. Cult of the Dragon (necrophiliac dragon lovers)
      10.00%
    6. Red Wizards of Thay (bald wizards™)
      14.00%
    7. The Xanathar's Guild (a certain Beholder's cuttrho)
        0.00%
    8. Druids of the Tall Tree
        0.00%
    9. Guardians of the Weave
      24.00%
    10. People of the Black Blood
        4.00%
Post edited by Kamigoroshi on
JuliusBorisovlolien

Comments

• DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    I don't really know all those organisations, though I'll give a definitive answer when I've read up on them. Even though I'm usually the free agent kinda guy.

In the meanwhile, I'd like to point out at @Kamigoroshi that the Zhentarium aren't 'likeable, honest merchants' but rather an evil mercenary company. :) This is what I remember and confirmed it with:
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Zhentarim
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Deefje Many Zhentarim are indeed opportunistic merchants. It's just that they want to control the whole flow of gold and merchandises in the North. You can read more about them and the other listed organizations here:
    http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/organizations/zhentarim.shtml
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Haven't the Red Wizards metamorphosed into happy-go-lucky, well liked traders of magical commodities in later editions of D&D?

I can't see Edwin selling items of power with a cheerful smile though.
    KamigoroshiEudaemoniumAristilliuselminster
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    I'm a fan of magic, so signing on with Mystra sounds like a fun ride (especially if you're Elminster ^_~).
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Fangshields! Hooooooo!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I have NO idea what I just voted for, but they sound cool.
    Kamigoroshilolien
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    No Shadow Thieves of Athkatla, and Waterdeep?
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    The weave must be protected, lest we fall into the abyss of 4th edition magic rules...
    Btw, why so many for the harpers? Doesn't secrecy contradict law and order? And doesn't maintening the balance imply perpetuating a conflict to the detriment of all those involved?
    Corvino
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    I dont want to belong to any organization that would have people like me as a member.

Also this poll is lacking in pirates. :P
    LordRumfishCoryNewbDelvarian
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'm pretty sure the Xanathar's Guild has pirate slavers amongst their ranks. Then again, having Beholder superiors isn't everyone's ideal work climate.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    It's amazing how we look for things NOT on the list. How about the Night Knives? I'll vote for Cult of the Dragon though!
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Mortianna said:

Guardians of the Weave sounds like a fanatical hair-extensions club. ^.^

Dammit. I wanna change my vote.

I think I'd rather be a Harper, since that seems to be the most popular choice here. Call me conformist, but I'd prefer avoiding being the only one left who isn't a Harper. Oh the horror.
    Illustairlolien
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I want to be Mystra's plaything.
    EudaemoniumLordRumfishelminsterlolien
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    I like dead people
    nanoKamigoroshiEudaemonium
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    etagloc said:

I like dead people

And apparently dead dragons.
    etagloc
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349

etagloc said:

I like dead people

And apparently dead dragons.
    The thought of necrophilia makes me just as stiff as my victims.
    EudaemoniumKamigoroshinano
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Anything to get rid of those damn Harpers. Always meddling in the affairs of others and not always for the better. That quest in BG2 with the Harpers and Jaheira rubbed me the wrong way about them.
    KamigoroshiMortiannalolien
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I'm going solo through the woods to hunt evil! Forget you guys!
    The 3rd edition prestige class Harper Scout was enough to make me lose my appetite for the Harpers.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Some fairly esoteric and lesser known organizations there. I would probably want to join The Twisted Rune from those that aren't on the list. Their BG2 appearance was certainly just low level clones of the real members.

But Zhentarim are good enough, if only because they get to be in tight with the most baddest awesomest religion on Faerun, the church of Bane.
    KamigoroshiMortiannaEudaemonium
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Or Zhentarim. Both sound pretty cool.
    I'm agreed with @MERLANCE, all glory to Bane!
    MERLANCE
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited October 2013
    I reckon I'd prefer one of the Planescape: Torment factions. There's one called the Free League or Indeps who are very individualist, not placing themselves beholden to or subject to other powers and being fairly libertarian.

That or the Nihilistic Bleak Cabal, but mainly so I could quote the Big Lebowski ("We believe in nothing, Lebowski!") and throw Pine Martens into bathtubs.
    Post edited by Corvino on
    I forgot about PS:T factions. The Sensates it is!
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Other than the Doomguard of which a certain bard is a member, and a few items (sensate amulet, mercykiller ring, harmonium halberd) the Planescape factions don't have a big role in Baldurs Gate, let alone the Forgotten Realms. If we had a poll on the planescape factions, I would probably pick the Fraternity of Order, using the rules and regulations of the multiverse for my benefit.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    edited October 2013
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Corvino said:

I reckon I'd prefer one of the Planescape: Torment factions. There's one called the Free League or Indeps who are very individualist, not placing themselves beholden to or subject to other powers and being fairly libertarian.

That or the Nihilistic Bleak Cabal, but mainly so I could quote the Big Lebowski ("We believe in nothing, Lebowski!") and throw Pine Martens into bathtubs.

The Planescape factions are more about whose idea about the multiverse is true, mostly based on rules and phenomena that the people of Faerun don't even know about. They really don't have much point in the Forgotten Realms aside from the superpowers their prestige classes grant. You could also make the argument that a citizen of Faerun would be condition by their purely Prime Material existence in such a way that they can't embrace the mindset of a given faction. Sort of like how it is really hard to train anybody older than 12 to be a Jedi.
    Kamigoroshi
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The Death cult of Lloth.
    Just because of the Drow priestesses
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I think the Fangshields sound quite interesting and because they seem like something out of the ordinary.
    CoryNewb
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    edited October 2013
    The Knights of Myth Drannor. If memory serves, they were an amusing group of characters.

The Flaming Fist would be another option. I've always wanted to speak with a southern drawl while wearing full plate =p
    Kamigoroshi