Skip to content

Go to hell Shoal

onanonan Member Posts: 223
I love the stupefier. While soloing a no reload game with a kensai I came across Shoal. On a whim, I equipped the stupefier, cast kai and force hit Shoal. She was stunned to say the least. Then she was dead. The most satisfying BGEE moment since Khalid decided to explore the ankheg nest.
Post edited by onan on

Comments

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Oh dear.
  • wampawampa Member Posts: 68
    She can be kited fairly easily.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    You did get the Helm of Defence at least, right?
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223

You did get the Helm of Defence at least, right?

I have no idea about the relevance of this. Did I miss out on something? If I did I don't care, Shoal must die.

• wampawampa Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2013
    @onan - You can kill the Ogre holding her panties in a twist to get one of the best Helms in the game. You can still kill her after if you want - as long as you don't talk to her after killing the Ogre. (Or perhaps even if you do talk to her after killing the Ogre, but you need to be able to really pump out damage fast if so)
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Oops.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Corvino said:

You can't really get the helm in a Solo no-reloads game though. She needs to kiss (and hence kill) a party member, and if you're solo it's game over.

It's a similar deal with a no-rez game.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Corvino said:

You can't really get the helm in a Solo no-reloads game though. She needs to kiss (and hence kill) a party member, and if you're solo it's game over.

Really? My current character found the helm of defense on one of their bodies. No kiss of death needed.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @Schneidend? Whose body? You can only get it from the ogre mage she summons, AFAIK.
    The ogre showed up, initiated dialogue, I killed him, and looted his body.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The Ogre mage should only show up if you talk to Shoal, which leads inevitably to her kissing/killing a party member IIRC.
    Hmmm. You know, I think Shoal was not talking to me, so I started attacking her, and then the ogre showed up. Bug?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    He might be scripted to turn up if she's attacked without dialogue, I'm not sure.
    Sounds like an awesome change to me. The possibility of an unavoidable trap you have no way to see coming that just kills your character is the height of boneheaded game design.
    I'm not a big fan of it myself, but I'm pretty sure the game was designed with reloads and a party in mind.
    edited October 2013
    nano said:

I'm not a big fan of it myself, but I'm pretty sure the game was designed with reloads and a party in mind.

I don't even do no-reloads or solo runs, and it still annoys the hell out of me.
  • XerxesVXerxesV Member Posts: 187
    On my last run I cast Command on her while I was fighting the ogre. When she wakes up she is hostile and stays to fight. That stops her from walking away.

nano said:

I don't even do no-reloads or solo runs, and it still annoys the hell out of me.
    She resurrects you though, so all you really have to do is send in someone who can handle being at 1hp. Not nearly as bad a trap as exploring some zones for the first time and walking into a basilisk unawares.

But a dialogue option to fight her off would be good for players who suspect something sinister.
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    The bad design on Shoal's quest has been discussed a couple of times before, and I think it was mentioned that it's not something that Overhaul will be able to "fix", as they can't change original content.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    actually if you have 3 charisma or just a very bad reaction modifier total ( including reputation) she wont ask for a kiss if you force attack her and she will say that this game is no longer fun, bleh bleh blah, so its not a bug if you get droth to show up if she didn't kill someone, you just had the negative reaction from here, which co-incedently is one of the best ones to get in the game, sometimes when I make custom teams with max mining I will have a fighter type go up to her that has 3 charisma and smack her silly once, and then she says this isn't fun anymore shpeal, and then the rest carries on with no dead party member, right arm :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    It always seemed silly to me that she asked female chars for a kiss, even if the PC is female. It's not like the game totally ignores it. The fat man in nashkel doesn't think your greywolf if your female.
    meagloth said:

It always seemed silly to me that she asked female chars for a kiss, even if the PC is female. It's not like the game totally ignores it. The fat man in nashkel doesn't think your greywolf if your female.

Implying that everybody, especially a fantasy creature, even cares what somebody's gender or sex might be.
    meagloth said:

He did last time I was playing... :/
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

meagloth said:

He did last time I was playing... :/
    Hmmmmm. Maybe it's a bug?
    I know it's happened to me twice.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Greywolf mistakes "you" for Greywolf if at least one of your party members is male. However, this is totally unclear in the dialogue since it sounds like he's addressing the party leader anyway.
    I guess he thought Greywolf was... Xzar? That makes almost less sense! XD
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Seeing that my lady blackguard wears a helm, full plate and generally gives off a Brienne of Tarth vibe, I really can't blame Oublek. Especially if she carries Greywolf's sword when approaching him for the first time.