Skip to content

Time recieved Error

SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
edited October 2013 in The Road to v1.2
Everytime i try and start a game it gives me this error.

./sql_compiler.c{1021}: {Not Exists} Cannot Find column 'time_recieved' on table 'quest'.
After that i hit the OK button then this Error screen comes on prompting me to hit Ok
./sql>c[38] sql: attempting to call NULL statment.

Comments

• SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    any ideas?
  • SacklarSacklar Member Posts: 54
    This is my crash report
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Have you tried re-installing the game?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    According to this note: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22837/crash-after-character-creation

You should relocate your game path and then reinstall - probably choose a simpler, shorter folder with less space and special characters in it. (This is just a guess, i've never been experiencing this problem).
  • jadelynjadelyn Member Posts: 2
    Im on the mac and having the same issue after installing the patch, i have re installed the game and moved the entire folder too and still it keeps having this error. Please help?
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    Can anyone confirm whether this is a Mac-only issue? I did not encounter it when creating a new paladin on my Windows PC (lost track of my old one, thus restart)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It's not the game directory that's the problem; it's the portraits directory.

Check your portraits folder and see if there's a file called "BGEE.sql" there. If there is, delete it.
  • jadelynjadelyn Member Posts: 2
    yes that fixed the problem. thanks a lot
  • gRaider2001gRaider2001 Member Posts: 1
    Dee said:

It's not the game directory that's the problem; it's the portraits directory.

Check your portraits folder and see if there's a file called "BGEE.sql" there. If there is, delete it.

Thank you very much, that fixed the problem for me too:-)