Skip to content

Feature Request: New Official art portraits and a better system to work portraits

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited October 2013 in Feature Requests
Well, probally what many here want, i'm asking Beamdog to hire one or a group of artists to develop new Portraits for BG:EE and BG2:EE.

I also ask for this project to be done focusing all the classes races and genders, making possible at least 1 proper portrait for any combination of class, race and gender in the game.

(optional) I also ask for a better interface to control and select portraits (DOTA 2 hero pick system is a pretty good example of a model for this).

(optional) Adding to the request, i would like to know the possibility of portraits for the NJCs (Non Joinable Characters).

As almost eveyone here i understand that this kind of work isn't free and i'm willing to pay for it. If the companny is unsure of the monetary capacity of this project, i suggest a pre-order for this extra content before even contacting the artist or group of artists (one or two months), this can give Beamdog an generic idea of how much income the company will have for the project and in which bases the art contract should be made.

About the NJCs portraits, it could be researched in terms of cost/benefit to know until which level the communty is ready to support a project like this. Only the most important NJCs with portrait would cost less than everyone with portraits.

If ATARI and/or WoTC (HASBRO) needs to be contacted for this kind of project, can the developers/admins give us an feedback of their answer also?

Anyway thx for the time spent reading my request.

@Dee (cos i love to make calls on him), @DavidW (cos i believe he's the responsible for the art media in baldur's gate), @LiamEsler (cos he probally has contacts everywhere to find the artists for this project, even in the nine hells if needed to search there), @CamDawg (same as Liam), @TrentOster (cos it's the boss of the project, and has the last word in eveything), @ATARI (symbolic call to see if these sons... actually do something for Baldur's Gate).

Comments

• ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    While it would be nice, this seems extremely illogical.
    Sure, give us 5-10 varied portraits, but "at least 1 proper portrait for any combination of class, race and gender in the game."? According to my gradeschool math, that's 144 portraits, not including kits or multi/duals, although including class-race crossovers because I cba to do that much research.
    That would cost a ridiculous amount of money and time for something any player could just google. (there are thousands of portraits on the webs in the style of BG)

I'm fully behind an improvement of the portrait interface though.

Portraits for "NJCs" is more doable, but mods already exist that do exactly that. I'd prefer their time spent on bug-fixing and new content/installment.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    kamuizin said:

@DavidW (cos i believe he's the responsible for the art media in baldur's gate).

You believe wrong. I have absolutely no artistic talent. I've no idea where that rumour might have come from!