Skip to content

Want to meet Dee? And love Rita's Italian Ice? READ HERE!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Jester's Cap Fundraiser

For those of you who don't know (which is most of you, I'd guess), I've written a play called Jester's Cap, which is being produced at ASU Binary Theatre in Tempe, AZ. The show runs November 15 through November 24, so if you're looking for something to do in between sessions of BGII, be sure to buy your tickets online here. But that's not what this post is about.

This evening we (my director, that is) will be holding a fundraiser in partnership with Rita's Italian Ice and Custard. My director (Bradford Forehand) and assistant director (Ashley Laverty) will be doing a "celebrity scoop", serving Italian ice and custard to anyone who shows up between 5pm and 8pm Arizona time. A portion of the sales from that time will go toward making the costumes, sets, and props for the show.

I will also be there trying not to get in the way starting at around 7pm. So if you're in the Phoenix area and you like Italian ice, come join us; it's going to be a lot of fun. The crunchy information is below; if you have questions about the show, what it's about, or anything else, go ahead and post them here. And if you have any interest at all in fairy tales (or debunking stereotypes), I hope you'll come see the show in November!

Where?

Rita's Italian Ice and Custard
740 South Mill Avenue, Suite 110
Tempe, Arizona 85281

When?

Today, October 26, 5pm to 8pm Arizona Time

Who?

Myself and various members of the Jester's Cap cast and crew

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I'm nowhere near Arizona. :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Brief, slightly unfortunate update: I'll be getting there around 7:30, not 7:00. We decided to make mac and cheese pizza for dinner and it took a little longer than expected.

Still dee-licious, though.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Dang, and here I am located on another tectonic plate. :(
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Wow, you're from arizona? GO GO GO Cardinals!!! I cheer for them but i'm a but frustrated cos they're always getting fucked in the pre-season...

Who knows if one day i got on Arizona to get a chance to play as an full back there? :)! That would be nice!
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    Too bad I lack that photo document we call a passport :(
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited October 2013
    I live nowhere near Arizona. D: I doubt I would have been able to go yesterday anyway it was my birthday.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

I live nowhere near Arizona. D: I doubt I would have been able to go yesterday anyway it was my birthday.

Congratz then :)!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Even if I left home the second I saw that post, I still wouldn't have made it.

Alas!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Hope it all went well.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    It went very well. We raised a bit of money, and had a lot of fun in the process.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Congrats!
    Also, have you ever read Faust (the book by Goethe)?? I'm reading it right now. Its a great book.