Skip to content

CLUAConsole

poejjaferspoejjafers Member Posts: 33
edited July 2012 in General Modding
will we be able to modify parameters via CLUAConsole or will we have to find another way?

Comments

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I asked Trent this question via Twitter and he said the CLUAConsole's functionality would be unchanged from the original game. He said it was too useful of a tool to mess with.

My question is whether all the item codes will remain the same or if they will be different, i.e. will Shadow Armor still be leat08? Also, I'm curious if activating CLUA will remain unchanged, i.e. altering the Baldur.ini file?
  • poejjaferspoejjafers Member Posts: 33
    good question, but if they make new items....?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    You type in the new items code.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I hope it will be there. Sometimes you just want to Ctrl+Y some mind flayers after being insta-killed for the fifth time in a row...
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    Sceptenar said:

I hope it will be there. Sometimes you just want to Ctrl+Y some mind flayers after being insta-killed for the fifth time in a row...

Haha yeah.
  • gimoxgimox Member Posts: 4
    Yep, I'm interested in this question :P
    Has anyone been able to use it yet or find another way?
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Holy thread necro Batman...

anyway, here's the CLUA thread

...and a bonus since we are here
    Smaug said:

I asked Trent this question via Twitter and he said the CLUAConsole's functionality would be unchanged from the original game.

He LIED!
    0_o
    o_0
    edited August 2013
    Thanks :P just didn't want to waste a new thread. (missed the new thread)
  • halloweenhoneyhalloweenhoney Member Posts: 1
    Hey I was just wondering how you would go about doing the CLUA for the original Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (the ones with the excessive number of discs). I am planning on buying the enhanced version for that very reason, but it would be fantastic if I could at least modify the original until then. There is no baldur.ini file in the original game files. I've looked everywhere.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited May 2014
    @halloweenhoney you should have baldur.ini in the main game folder for both BG1 and BG2. If you don't see it, try one of the following:

1) make sure that you can see file name extensions
    2) start each game once, then exit and baldur.ini will be created if missing

You can enable the console in the original (non enhanced) games by editing baldur.ini

Vanilla BG1

Add Cheats=1 in the [Game Options] section. To activate the console in-game use CTRL + TAB

BG1Tutu, EasyTutu, BGT or BG2

Add Debug Mode=1 in the [Program Options] section. To activate the console in-game use CTRL + SPACEBAR