Skip to content

New NPC's

Does the community know if the developers have any intention on adding new NPC's to either BG:EE or BG:EE 2 post launch on November 15th? I am aware of Hexxat being added and the three returning. I am curious though, if they plan on introducing new ones at a later point, (maybe even as DLC's for a cost on their store) to both BG:EE and the second instalment. Possibly adding new content like a few side quests or what not?
I know Baeloth is recruit able in an area of the first EE, will there be an easter egg such in the second? Maybe even him once more?
I really love what they have done to polish up this long forgotten classic(s) Kudos to you guys for doing an exceptional job!

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Whether there are plans or not is something only the development team and possibly the beta testers (who are under NDA) would know, so in short the community at large doesn't have much of an clue.

Whether we'll get another Mr.B.-style easter egg somewhere down the line, or even at launch, is similarly unknown at this point (and those that know cannot speak).
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    There was a poll a while ago about the demand for additional NPCs and what price people would be willing to pay. The Dev team have done a good job of listening to the community and judging what sort of changes to make. I guess sales and pre-order numbers for BG2:EE will play a part, as will the number of iOS users who pay for Neera & Dorn as DLC.

If there is a lot of support for further NPCs and it looks promising financially, then why not?
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    @LiamEsler
    I want to see more NPCs (and am willing to pay for them to fund development)
    I'll say it again tomorow and in cap locks to seem louder :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    New NPCs are always a great thing, and I would happily pay money for well-written characters. There are a number of kit and class vacancies in the roster, as well as possible 'illegal' combinations that add flavour to certain classes, to mention nothing of those representing completely new kits, like a certain Mr Il-Khan.

That said, I would probably pay more for long and interesting quest-chains which include dialogue with the present companions (and remember, it doesn't have to be voice-acted, even for the new companions: plain text is completely, 120% okay!).
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    LiamEsler said:

What the community wants will definitely influence what we make. If you want to see more NPCs (and are willing to pay for them to fund development), say so loudly and regularly. ;)

How much would it cost per person?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @SharGuidesMyHand We're not quite there yet. :) I'm sure we'll have better ideas post-release, but until then -- and even after then -- it's all just speculation, and I'd rather not speculate without facts!
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Having more recrutable NPC in BG2 would be awesome. I second this.
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    @LiamEsler

I WILL THROW MY WALLET AT YOU.... Loud enough, or just plain obnoxious? Hehe

Furthermore, I seen you mentioned Post-Release, I am sure this has occurred to you and the development team. However, incorporate new ideas/NPC's/quests/etc. into BG:EE for some replay and incentive to carry over your character? :)
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I would definitely like more NPCs, however I don't wanna see NPC dlc, spell dlc, new map dlc, etc. Release proper expansions like ToB and TotSC.