Skip to content

Would you like an enhanced version of Dungeon Keeper?

SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
edited October 2013 in Off-Topic
First... I apologize if this is against the CoC for our forums, if so would someone kindly direct me to the proper location for BeamDog/OG suggestions or requests?

Second, for those of you who remember playing it, I think this is long over due as the current 'version(s)' do not play very well on the newer systems and the multiplayer option is flawed, at best.
  1. Would you like an enhanced version of Dungeon Keeper?17 votes
    1. Yes
      70.59%
    2. No
        5.88%
    3. Never played it, have no idea what it is
      23.53%
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Great game, but Dungeonkeeper 2 did already offer a pretty good upgrade.
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    I prefered DK:1 over DK2 so much, I also didn't invest too much time in DK2, again wasn't overly impressed with the game. At this point, I don't even remember what it was that turned me off for that game though.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'd just like a new version of Dungeon Keeper
    Slytherz
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Stilll waiting on that Dungeon Keeper 3...
    Slytherz
  • SlytherzSlytherz Member Posts: 45
    Kaltzor said:

Far as I recall, Bullfrog went out of business, which resulted in a cancellation of DK3... However, I believe that EA purchased or maintained (I'm not sure which) the rights to DK... Seems like they retain/purchase the rights to many titles that fall short when their developing company files chapter 7.. With no intent to pursue/further production on them.. Must be a monetary thing haha, hold the rights and when the time is right, license it to a third party and slap your name on it..
    alnair
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Slytherz said:

Kaltzor said:

Far as I recall, Bullfrog went out of business, which resulted in a cancellation of DK3... However, I believe that EA purchased or maintained (I'm not sure which) the rights to DK... Seems like they retain/purchase the rights to many titles that fall short when their developing company files chapter 7.. With no intent to pursue/further production on them.. Must be a monetary thing haha, hold the rights and when the time is right, license it to a third party and slap your name on it..
    According to Wikipedia, It was cancelled in 2000, and they merged with EA at 2004 closing the studio...

I know it most likely will not come, but I hope something comes along to take it's place... I had hopes for Dungeons, but that turned out to be complete and utter carbage.

War for the Overworld might be a spiritual successor for it, but it will be seen once it releases.
    Slytherz
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    THEY'RE ALL PIES!
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Both DK games were great and i'd like their enhanced editions.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    I preferred the first one .. what am I saying .. the first one was solid gold. Slapping your minions should be an integral part of every game ever written.

However, it has to be said that if you could survive the initial attacks, build a secure base, and had enough gold, you could pretty much get everyone up to level 10 and then mow down all opposition.

DK2 tried to address this, but in the process, some of the magic was lost. Even so, both worth a go if you can get them running.

Has anyone tried Overlord 1&2? I've seen them about, but never got round to trying them.
    SwordsNotWords
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Where are our manners, no-one's linked to the intro video yet. Enjoy.

SwordsNotWords
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

I preferred the first one .. what am I saying .. the first one was solid gold. Slapping your minions should be an integral part of every game ever written.

I've missed it in every game I've played since.

Has anyone tried Overlord 1&2? I've seen them about, but never got round to trying them.

They're....ok. Not what I expected, which was a Dungeon Keeper followup. They make a great show of pretending to be evil, but then you fight corrupt halflings and evil creatures anyway so it doesn't feel right.

I hope War for the Overworld will be cool. It looks like a direct Dungeon Keeper clone, which could be good and/or bad. Good in the sense that we won't get a watered down imitation (Overlord, Dungeons) but a faithful 'sequel'.
    Bad in that it might become very boring and stale after the first hour, when Nostalgia wears off and the game has to stand on its own.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I take back my vote. I just didn't remember the name.