Skip to content

Help! How to ditch Dynaheir?

I've been hearing good things about Neera. Is their any way to ditch Dynaheir without losing Minsc in BG:EE?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Get her killed. <_<
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited October 2013
    Or rescue her and ditch her before recruiting Minsc.
  • AzlanAzlan Member Posts: 3
    @ Jalily tried that already Minsc went nuts and killed Imoen :\
    @Balquo I will try that :)

A method I found worked in BGt was to take Dynaheir deep into and interior and ditch her there before booking it out of there. Unfortunately, in BGEE minsc seems to have telepathy and leaves too :|
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    Azlan said:

I've been hearing good things about Neera. Is their any way to ditch Dynaheir without losing Minsc in BG:EE?

Get dynaheir die a permadeath.
    On Core difficulty and above npcs can die permanently if they die from a high damage killing blow or certain spells. When they die this way, they are gone forever and their portraits are also removed from the UI.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The easier way is to walk her into a house or across another area transition alone. The rest of the party is outside. Then remove her from the party as normal.

As she cannot walk to CHARNAME to give her leaving dialogue she won't take Minsc with her.
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Maybe you want to play an unmodded game I'm not sure. But there's a feature in the SCS(sword coast stratagems) mod where you can tell your companions to group up at certain locations and also split up sets. All smooth with some convincing dialogue. I love making all my npc's group up and pick whichever would suit the situation best at that moment, adds an extra dimension in the game for me.

Having people wait for you is probably only justifiable with a high charisma though. :)
  • AzlanAzlan Member Posts: 3
    @Deefje Yes I want to play an unmodded run to port into BG2:EE when it comes out :)
    @Zanian I've managed to petrify her. That worked like a charm

Thank you all so much for your help.
  • FouneFoune Member Posts: 53
    I just make her walk alone to an ogre in the woods and bam she's gone. Minsc dosn't leave, he just goes something like ''DYNAHEIR, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!'' and that's that. I havn't tried it in BGEE but if a companion isn't permadead you can still remove him/her from the party when he/she is dead without causing their bondmate to leave.
  • Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    Petrification is a better option, as mentioned above, because it doesn't remove them from the game forever, in case you ever change your mind. It's easy to find basilisks very very early in the game if you know where to look.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    A method I found out that is harmless for all parties and can be rationalised by believing that one member of the pair was understanding of the need for the other to go away is to remove one member from the party in an inn (I used the Belching Dragon in Nashkel). Both Dynaheir and Minsc leave, but once you ask the one outside the tavern to rejoin you, the partner that has been left in the other area is complacent in sitting around, presumably awaiting the return of their partner after you have concluded your quest. No one is turned to stone, no one kills anyone else, and no one is inexplicably blown into tiny meaty chunks by a club, or something ridiculous. :)
  • RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Foune said:

I just make her walk alone to an ogre in the woods and bam she's gone. Minsc dosn't leave, he just goes something like ''DYNAHEIR, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!'' and that's that. I havn't tried it in BGEE but if a companion isn't permadead you can still remove him/her from the party when he/she is dead without causing their bondmate to leave.

Azlan said:

Pretty sure if Dynaheir dies a normal, critical death (happens more often the higher the difficulty) then Minsc will automatically use berserk. His berserk will sometimes make a confusion effect where he will attack anything (enemies or allies) and give the bonus stats or just give him the bonus stats. I haven't seen the berserker class' or barbarian class' berserk put a confusion on them so I think it's just Minsc. Since he is a ranger after all, and the berserk ability was given to him when his head hit the rock (which was the defining moment for the character).

• DrakeloreDrakelore Member Posts: 36
    When I ditch Dynaheir I make her go alone inside the cave belov the gboll stronghold. When she is inside the cave and the rest of my party is outside the cave I ditch her.... I can then make a complete play through without any problems.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

Foune said:

Azlan said:

Pretty sure if Dynaheir dies a normal, critical death (happens more often the higher the difficulty) then Minsc will automatically use berserk. His berserk will sometimes make a confusion effect where he will attack anything (enemies or allies) and give the bonus stats or just give him the bonus stats. I haven't seen the berserker class' or barbarian class' berserk put a confusion on them so I think it's just Minsc. Since he is a ranger after all, and the berserk ability was given to him when his head hit the rock (which was the defining moment for the character).

Incorrect! Minsc has the berzerk ability because he is a rashemen ranger...this is much different than your average fighter berzerker/barbarian ( ugh redundancy) the blow to the head is why his int and wis are so low.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    edited November 2013
    Azlan said:

@ Balquo I will try that :)

A method I found worked in BGt was to take Dynaheir deep into and interior and ditch her there before booking it out of there. Unfortunately, in BGEE minsc seems to have telepathy and leaves too :|

Have you tried using Minsc to kill her away from the party so he can't go berserk and kill other party members? Rp wise you could say that Minsc went berserk and accidentally killed his precious witch and then you happen upon the helpless Neera and in his grief stricken state he takes her along as his new witch.

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Basilisks. Breaking up "unbreakable" couples since 1998. ;-)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Oh my, people are so creative when it comes to killing :D
  • Cynric_AldrichCynric_Aldrich Member Posts: 31
    I usually let Dynaheir "believe" that she was going to die a noble cause for the party. That without her sacrifice we would all die. So I send her alone into a bunch of ogres to flay them. Then just walk on by. Should she happen to live she gets to stay.
  • NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    Beating a dead horse but... I just CTRL-Y her.
  • HagridoreHagridore Member Posts: 4
    I'm at a loss...I can't see why anyone would want to ditch Dynaheir. But I don't want Minsc. I seem to remember from somewhere that there is a way either in NearInfinity or somewhere else to break this tie. Anyone know what I mean? And out of curiosity, why get rid of Dynaheir, when she can do fireballs, etc.?
  • rickcrrickcr Member Posts: 77
    Yea, reviving a dead thread. Found this one since I was curious how I had Minsc but not Dynaheir in a party since I read so much about how you need to kill Dynaheir. In my case right before the stronghold Minsc was complaining that I took too long and would leave so I restored to an earlier autosave and left minsc on that screen. I then went to rescue Dynaheir but I'm pretty sure I declined her request to join (since I didn't want her since I was a sorcerer.) When I went back to the screen where I left Minsc I was able to have him rejoin.

Has anyone else tried it the same way?