Skip to content

Npc stat boost for BG2?

All npc's that transfered from bg 1 to bg 2 got a stat boost.

except Imoen. And Edwins were minor. But both were already really powerfull.

will the new npc's get a boost?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited October 2013
    No. This has been confirmed.

EDIT: For the same reasons Imoen got none and Edwin's were minor.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    arh, nevermind then, hard to keep up with all the info ;D
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223
    Yes but calling Rasaad powerful is like... Well, I don't know what it's like. He's quite an average guy. Dorn, he has superhuman strength. Neera has exceptional intelligence and dexterity. Rasaad is only meh for a fighter type. Not that any stat change is important to me. My main charname had a grand total of 75 when he started. Now he is upt o 82 thanks to the tomes.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    onan said:

Yes but calling Rasaad powerful is like... Well, I don't know what it's like.

It's just wrong. Anyway I'm gonna have him in my party in the next run. Yey!
  • jhneohjhneoh Member Posts: 42
    Rasaad needs a Dex bump to 18. There's no reason not to give it to him.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    stat changes relative to BG1? or have they changed what NPC had in non-ee BG2?
    This is about the EE NPCs relative to BG2EE. Many of the original BG1characters who appeared in BG2 were given stat boosts (Viconia gets +3 Wisdom, for example). This will not be the case for the EE NPCs.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Jaheira also got a much needed bump in the second game (she is actually quite bad in BG1 but fairly good once her stats have been bumped). I agree that if any of the new NPC's need a stat bump it is Rasaad. Whether or not he will truly need any adjustment at all remains to be seen though. The biggest issue with Rasaad in BG:EE was that he was a monk and low level monks are simply awful no matter your stats. If he needed a stat bump it was in BG:EE, in BG2:EE he'll come into his own and it wont really be all that necessary.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178

This is about the EE NPCs relative to BG2EE. Many of the original BG1characters who appeared in BG2 were given stat boosts (Viconia gets +3 Wisdom, for example). This will not be the case for the EE NPCs.

So Bg2:EE npc stats will be same as Bg:EE instead of Bg2?
    zerckan said:

So Bg2:EE npc stats will be same as Bg:EE instead of Bg2?
    No the vanilla characters will be as they were in vanilla BG2. Viconia will have 18 Wis, Jaheira will have 17 Dex or whatever, etc. Dorn, Rasaad, and Neera will have the same stats they had in BGEE, they will not get 'upgraded' like Viconia, Edwin, Jaheira and Minsc did.
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178
    I see.
    Thanks