Skip to content

Where can I buy Wakizaschis in BG1EE?

I'm a Blade in the game, dual wielding Wakizashis so I need to get another one quick! the fat bald guy in candlekeep only had one piece. I am now in beregost still having to fight single weapon style! any specific store I can find one that isn't like at the end of the game...?

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Are you limiting yourself to only Wakizashis as a roleplaying restriction? The proficiency is shared with scimitars, which are much more common. You can easily use one while you search for a more exotic option with zero downside.

That said, while you probably won't find a store to sell exotic weaponry until later in the game, there's at least one guaranteed drop of a wakizashi coming up soon for you, if memory serves.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    Madhax said:

Are you limiting yourself to only Wakizashis as a roleplaying restriction? The proficiency is shared with scimitars, which are much more common. You can easily use one while you search for a more exotic option with zero downside.

That said, while you probably won't find a store to sell exotic weaponry until later in the game, there's at least one guaranteed drop of a wakizashi coming up soon for you, if memory serves.

• RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    thanks! yeah tbh still havent found any shimitars either so far but I'm still just a few days in the game...yeah guess a bit of role playing is involved plus I went for the Wakiz cuz thing u gain on speed compared to the other two
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Speed is a very slight advantage. It only really affects what order in the round you strike, you don't actually hit more often so damage per round is the same.
    JuliusBorisovRuscoe